Breast implants too big because of loss of breast tissue. always loved my implants but now hate them as i am in a lot of pain.

had over the muscle 350cc implants 4 yrs ago. lost a lot of breast tissue lately (no weight change. now only 5mm between implant and skin by underbood. can feel them! The doctor that did the scan said they are pushing down, need to be replaced asap.A surgeon i saw suggested i don't touch them. only advice to wear a bra 24/7. implants are too heavy without a bra now. fat transfer not an option as am too skinny. I am stressed that leaving them like this is dangerous.my breasts are saggy for my age

Implants and Support

An exam is needed to access your needs. Based on the information you have shared it appears you would be a good candidate for strattice or another of the acellular dermal matrix for lower pole support.  Consult with your board certified plastic surgeon for an in person evaluation.

Redo breasts augmentation

Dear bban,
 It is impossible to give you an opinion on your situation without examining you or seeing your front and side view pictures. 
 It sounds like you might benefit from placing the implants under the muscle and possibly have some kind of lift procedure, either externally - Mastopexy, or internally - capsulorrhaphy (internal bra).
  In any event, you have to realize that not all results are the same, because experience, skills and aesthetic eye, are critical for good and safe outcome.
 So, do your due diligence carefully and choose wisely.
 Always, consult with experienced board certified plastic surgeons who do lots of redo breasts augmentation in accredited surgery center for your safety. Most importantly, check the before and after pictures in the photo gallery, to make sure that they are numerous, consistent and attractive with natural look. Also, check the reviews on Realself, for ratings and positive experience reports.
                                      Dr Widder

Concerns of the previous breast augmentation surgery

I am sorry to hear about the problem you are experiencing. Obviously good advice would require in-person evaluation but some general thoughts, based on your description, may be helpful to you.

Based on your description and maybe in your best interest to convert the sub glandular breast implants to the sub muscular (dual plane) position. Successful results do depend, to some degree, on the surgeon's experience. Therefore, best to make sure that your plastic surgeon can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with this type of revisionary breast surgery.

Sometimes, patients undergoing conversion of breast implant positioning from the sub glandular to the sub muscular space benefit from additional maneuvers such as breast lifting (depending on the position of the breast skin envelope in relation to the position of the sub muscular breast implants) and/or the use of acellular dermal matrix for lower pole support and/or additional coverage of breast implants. Closing off the existing breast implant pocket is a technique utilized to help prevent the breast implant from moving back into its previous space.
I hope this, and the attached link demonstrating many relevant cases, helps. Best wishes.

Implants and palpability

If you are very thin the implants can be very palpable.  Sometimes ADM's can help cover the implants so that they are less palpable.  You would have to be seen in person to properly assess you.

Implants

Thanks for your question. i can understand your dilemma. There are a number of options but to answer them here would be very hard without an exam or the very least photos. In general down sizing can be done and depending on the breast look you are hoping for you may need some kind of lift. I always ask my patients for them to show me a couple of photos of a breast you would like to have. It helps me see what you find attractive. The characteristics of a breast that you like can be better defined. The last thing I would add is that there is usually no need to emergently do anything. You should have time to really understand what you want when this is all over. For the time being if you are more comfortable in a bra 24/7 then wear one but don't rush your decision til you are 100% comfortable with your choice and your Doctor. 

John Mancoll, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Lots of options

You can take them out and then go smaller sub muscular implants with a lift if needed. The key is what are you willing to accept and what time frame you want to do this in. The safe thing is to take what you have out and wait and see how your tissue will shrink over 3 months. Then do what is need with new sub muscular implants. Lots of other options but this is what I would likely do. Picures would of course help us all if you can post them. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon