Bent nose tip after septorhinoplasty. (photos)

Hi. I had a bad deviated septum and my nose was also a bit bent. With this operation the doctor promised I would be able to breath better as well as make my nose completely straight. Below, please pictures of before, after the cast was removed and of today (nearly 3 weeks after the operation). The tip is totally bent and I'm panicking. What should I do? I keep trying to push it straight but obviously it doesn't stay.

Bent nose tip after septorhinoplasty.

If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Bent nose tip

Thank you for the question and photos! Aside from the fact that a perfectly straight nose is nearly impossible to achieve, I'd suggest that post-op swelling might be temporarily preventing you from observing the desired final result of your septorhinoplasty. Such swelling is not uncommon and may take up to 6 months to completely resolve. Considering that you had your procedure done about 3 weeks ago, I'd advise to give it some time. That being said, it is imperative that your surgeon be aware of your concerns.  An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is always the best way to assess your needs and guarantee a reliable medical advice. Best of luck! Dr. Michael Omidi. 

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Nasal tip deviation following rhinoplasty

Thank you for the photos.  The images that you have provided does show some deviation of the nasal tip. However, it also shows a great deal of tip edema which is completely appropriate three weeks following septorhinoplasty.  I would give it some time to heal.  The nasal tip edema can last many months.  Once the swelling has subsided you will have a better idea of the final appearance of your nose.  If at that time you are still unhappy with the appearance of your nose I suggest discussing this with your surgeon.  If you have a good relationship with your surgeon then I think you will find that they are committed to satisfying you.  If they are not confident in revision rhinoplasty procedures then I might suggest seeking a second opinion.    

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early asymmetry after rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs. You are still very early in the healing process and early swelling will distort your outcome at this time. You should discuss any concerns you have with your surgeon and give yourself some time to heal. The ultimate results after a rhinoplasty may take 12 -24 months depending on the skin thickness. I hope this helps. Take care.

Robert Brobst, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Goal

Consultation with an experienced rhinoplasty specialist will give you an accurate idea of how significant a change is possible. Obtaining your previous operative note before the consultation would also be helpful. 

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty

Making the nose perfectly straight is impossible.  There is always slight deviation to one side because of one side of the face being larger.

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nasal tip asymmetry after rhinoplasty

It is not uncommon for the tip to appear more swollen on one side or even bent during the healing process. This may improve over time. Sometimes taping and massage can help but I would discuss that with your surgeon. The healing time for the tip of the nose is about 1 year and any revision work should be deferred until that time if it is necessary.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose

bban, work with your surgeon and if you are still unhappy after a year seek an opinion from an experienced facial plastic specialist. By the way you are L sided dominant and that is part of what you are seeing. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deviation after Surgery

Thank you for your question!  Yes, there is still some asymmetry in the nasal tip.  However, you are still going to have quite a bit of swelling, even three weeks out from surgery.  I am very hopeful that this will resolve as time progresses.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with your surgeon, but it can take months (6 months to 1 year) for all swelling to resolve.  I hope that this helps!-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon