I am 7 weeks out from full abdominal plasty and lipo when I lay on my sides it burns and very sore still, is that normal?

I had a full tummy tuck and lipo of lower back and waste. I have pretty large size knots on my sides still. They are extremely sore. When I sleep on my sides it hurts at first, but it stops after laying there a few minutes. When I wake up to get up I feel burning sensation down both sides and it's really hard to move. Also after a day of being extremely active I am so sore. Is that normal?

Lipo and tummy tuck and soreness

At this point, you are still healing and likely still have swelling. You are best to review care with your surgeon. He may recommend massage at this point.

Pain after tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. It is possible to have unusual pain in the early months after surgery. There are several reasons such as scaring, inflamed nerves ect. Most of this should go away. But when in doubt call your plastic surgeon and let him take a look at you just to be safe and ease your mind. Have a great day.

William J. Hedden, MD
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your recent procedure.  Due to the tension placed onto the skin that accompanies these procedures the nerves can become irritated, causing a number of different skin sensations including increased/decreased sensitivity or a burning/electrical feeling.  These normally resolve spontaneously given enough time.  The knots you feel are likely due to residual swelling but it would be best to bring these areas up to your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  Best wishes.