Will going back to high impact sport ruin my breast uplift/reduction results? My surgeon has given conflicting advice!

Im12 wks post breast uplift & reduction. Had some delayed healing but all is well now. My last visit with surgeon I asked about returning to exercise, I play high level netball. He told me due to 'poor skin quality' that I shouldnt ever play again if I want to maintain results. I was upset by this, so I emailed my concerns a week later and the reply was 'once you are fully healed you can return to all sports'..! Please help, I'm desperate to return to playing but don't want to ruin anything!

Returning to activities after breast surgery

Following a breast reduction surgery, it takes about 2 weeks for the wounds to heal, but can take up to 6 weeks before the tissues have healed reasonably well for you to engage in exercises and sports. After this period you should be able to resume all activities. It would obviously be advantageous to use a support sports bra when playing sports. 

Will going back to high impact sport ruin my breast uplift/reduction results?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Generally speaking, most plastic surgeons would agree with the response you received through your plastic surgeon's email. In other words, once you are fully healed you should be able to return to full activities. The use of a supportive bra of course will be helpful. Best wishes for a long-term outcome that you will be very pleased with.