My right breast has not fully settled. I am 3 months post op. What can I do?

Before my surgery my breast were asymetry my right breast was the smaller one and also sat a bit higher than the left my surgeon also lowered my fold on the right side to help correct the size difference... I am 3 months post op and my right side still sits a bit higher size wise it looks great just like the left breast and they are both soft... last time I saw my doctor he said the right still has some stretching out to do will my right breast drop more or will it stay this way?

Remember that your surgeon placed a larger implant in a higher breast, and a smaller one in a lower breast. It is to be expected that the larger implant on the right will sit higher, at least for months. While it may always sit a bit higher, keep in mind that the implant will continue to settle for a number of months to come. All the best.

3 months postop?

Hello! Thank you for your question! You are still early post-procedure. Your appearance sounds typical at this stage and will continue to improve as the swelling subsides and the implants continue to settle into their desired position. This usually proceeds over the next several weeks as the lower pole skin/breast stretches to accommodate the implants. Usually, final results may not be seen for approximately for even up to 6 months.

Follow-up closely with your surgeon for additional restrictions/instructions and the potential use of bras/garments or massage that may encourage the implant to settle appropriately. If still displaced after this time, a surgical procedure may be necessary to further open the pocket and bring the implant(s) down. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Asymmetry

It is normal for some asymmetry with dropping/settling of the breasts esspecially when you began with an asymmetry. The whole process can take between 2-6 months. I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon to evaluate results closer to 6 months post op. All the best

Breast Augmentation

Would you be able to post photos? It is not possible to provide any useful commentary without seeing what you are describing.

All the best!

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Breast not dropping

Breasts can take 6 months to fully settle and not always at the same rate.Follow your suegeons instructions nad contact him or her if you are concerned. Best of luck.

Thank you for your question. Your breasts can settle a bit more over time. It is normal for there to be some asymmetry as no two breasts are identical. If you are concerned or have any more questions, you can visit your plastic surgeon for more tips and information. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Settling after breast augmentation

You may settle up to six months after surgery and there are things that can be done to  help settling, but you should discuss these with your physician to see if he recommends anything to help the process along.

Implant position

If the breast is soft and the shape good but a little high, you can still help by massaging 2-3 times per day, wearing a bandeau while upright and not wearing support bras. Give yourself at least 3 more months before considering other treatments. I have seen soft breast "drop" up to one year after surgery.

All the Best.

Dr. J

BA changes

Thanks for your post. Yes, you may still have some subtle changes over the next few months, but probably not dramatic. There are always revisions that could be considered, but I'd wait for a while. Everyone has at least a little asymmetry, both before and after breast surgery. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon