Is it safe to have CoolSculpting on outer thigh where I have a bulge due to THA in 2012? Also had TKA same leg 8 wks ago.

I've been told that the body needs to produce inflammation for this fat removal to be successful, and that no NSAIDS are to be taken. Can this be trouble for my new knee replacement?

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. It is necessary to be examine by a physician to evaluate if coolsculpting could be beneficial for you.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

I appreciate your question.
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Coolscupting over implant

as long as the implant is not in the fat layer it is okay to get the coolsculpting procedure.  best, dr. emer.