I don't know if it is normal to feel sore. It's been almost a year since they did my breast surgery (Photo)

I don't know if is because most of the times I wear sports bras, I don't really wear bras , do I need to wear regular bras to give support to my implants it may be the reason of this pain?

Its not normal to have pains that far away from your procedure

and you should see your surgeon about it.  Try to think about what may set your pains off, what makes it better, what makes it worse, and if associated with any activity or movement to help your surgeon figure this out.  And pains that come with surgery usually go away with time and healing.  By the way, nice results!

Breast pain after augmentation

Thanks for your question. I would suggest trying to wear a nice, supportive bra daily for a couple of weeks to see if that helps. It's possible that the implants are resting on several sensory nerves leading to this pain, or that the muscle is just experiencing more stretch w/ the implants in place. If that doesn't help, I'd go back to see your surgeon for advice. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

All pain needs to be investigated

Some patients can have soreness even one year after surgery. It is especially so in cases of very large implants. However you should see your doctor to rule out other causes of pain. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Long term pain after breast implants

Pain in the breasts and year post surgery is not common and I recommend that you see your chosen plastic surgeon for an evaluation. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Soreness

Thank you for the question and one photo but an examination is really needed.  So see your surgeon or other expert in the area and get their opinion.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Soreness after breast augmentation

Soreness of the breasts this long after surgery is not normal. The cause of your symptoms is not clear.  This could be a minor issue or something more significant, like capsular contracture.  I recommend you see your surgeon for an evaluation. By exploring the nature of your symptoms and performing a physical exam, your doctor can figure out the likely cause of your soreness. Best wishes. 

I don't know if it is normal to feel sore. It's been almost a year since they did my breast surgery

Pain and discomfort after breast augmentation should resolve within 4 wks after the surgery . Since you're a year post-op- there could be a number of reasons why you 'r experiencing the pain, such as capsular contracture, hematoma, etc. I suggest you see your Board Certified PS and follow up.

Pain one year after breast augmentation

Thank you for the question. Pain after surgery is expected but generally will go away after 3-4 weeks. You have significant size implants and I think you will need good support bras. Lack of support may be a reason of discomfort. Another thing to check is to find out whether capsule contracture is a problem. Please see your surgeon. Good luck. 

Neil T. Chen, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Sore after almost a year?

Hello Maria and thanks for your question. I suspect that it is a lack of bra support and the weight of the breast implants. Perhaps by having an examination from your plastic surgeon, you can sort out if it's lack of bra support or just the weight of the breast implants. Best wishes always, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Sore at a year

Dear Mairaarreola,
There is something to be said for picking the most comfortable bra, but it could be that you are not choosing the size correctly and it might be time for a professional bra fitting. Your surgeon would probably love to see you at a year, especially if you are having some problems with pain that they might be able to help with. 
Nice picture!

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon