Help with numbness 7 months after Breast augmentation. Any suggestions? (photos)

It's been almost 7 months since I had my breast augmentation. I was a 32A and got 295 ccs of silicone gel which unbelievably made me a 32D. I am still pretty numb on the underside of both breasts. Is it likely that the feeling will come back? I've been taking vitamins B12&6 for about a month and just recently added B9 (folate) to my daily vitamins. These vitamins are helpful to nerve regeneration. Will massage help nerves grow back? Is it 'normal' to be numb this long?

Be patient

as there really isn't anything else you can do at this moment.  Inferior pole anesthesia is common with the fold incision and some people will not get it back.  Its more important to have sensation to the nipples, which I presume you still have.  You should try to not worry or think about it and just live your life to the fullest you can and enjoy everyday... and just maybe, your sensation will completely recover with the positive energy.

Numbness after breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. While 7 months is a long time for post-operative numbness to last, we have seen return of normal sensation as much as a year after surgery, so there is still hope that your feeling will return. Best of luck.

Tamir Mosharrafa, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Numbness following Breast Augmentation Normal

Thank you for this wonderful question! It is very common to experience numbness following breast augmentation, especially in the lower portion of the breast. I am very careful to discuss with my patients the possibility of numbness lingering for up to 12-18 months following breast augmentation surgery. Massage is always beneficial following this type of surgery for numerous reasons. It is important to understand that it takes time for nerve endings to regenerate. I always recommend following up with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon as he/she may have further information regarding your numbness as well as suggestions that are personalized for your post-care treatment. I do hope you have found this information helpful and wish you luck!

Ronald Downs, MD, FACS
South Bend Plastic Surgeon

Numbness after breast augmentation

thank you for your question. You did not mention where your incisions were but I sudoect they were at the creases. It is likely you may continue to have some numbness there due to the incisions. While you can continue to take the vitamins, I do not think they will man a difference.  

Neil T. Chen, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon