How long does radiofrequency turbinate ablation take to fully heal?

I've had a septoplasty (deviated to the left) and nasal valve (on the right) reconstruction a year ago and the nasal valve still collapses. Today I had an in office procedure to further reduce the turbinates. How long do they have to heal before I can see if my nasal valve collapse has resolved?

Turbinate Reduction

Thanks for you question.  In general, it may take 6-8 weeks to realize the full effects of a turbinate reduction as there can be significant swelling that needs to dissipate.  In addition, there can be increased mucous and crust production following a radiofrequency ablation that needs to also resolve before the airway is completely improved.

Having said this, it is also unlikely that a "valve" issue would have any impact from turbinate reduction alone.  Visible nasal sidewall collapse typically involves the external nasal valve, which does not involve the turbinate.  I would recommend close follow up with your surgeon - he/she should be able to address these questions for you better as they will know what procedures have been done and have your nasal exam to reference.

San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon