Will Juvederm for deep lines around my mouth work? Will it enlarge my lips? I am a 67 year old woman.

You may be a good candidate for JUVÉDERM®.

JUVÉDERM® injections can be a very effective solution for both wrinkles and thinning lips. As we age, our skin’s natural collagen production slows down and we lose volume in our face, which makes lines and wrinkles more visible. In order to treat the deep lines around your mouth as well as adding volume to your lips, you’ll need JUVÉDERM® administered to both sites. I suggest consulting a board-certified cosmetic surgeon in your area to get a more detailed and personalized idea of what treatment options might be best for you. But generally speaking, JUVÉDERM® can nicely address both of these concerns. Best of luck!

New York General Surgeon

Juvederm for peri-oral lines

Hello, and thanks for your question. 

The short answer: yes. Without a photo, however, it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan. For optimal treatment of the lines you are describing I often use a combination of products/treatments often including thick and thin hyaluronic fillers, Botox, and/or laser resurfacing. To maximize the likelihood of a favorable outcome, I recommend that you only get treated by a well-trained and experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon.

Hope this opinion is helpful to you. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for lines around the mouth

It is the painter, not the paint, that makes a masterpiece.  An experienced cosmetic dermatologist or other core cosmetic physician will be able to discuss the pros and cons of different fillers in different locations.  At 67 years old, whether or not fillers are the ideal answer for lines around your mouth will be dependent on your level of sun damage, volume loss, whether you smoked and your prior procedures and surgeries.  If you have a lot of sagging of the rest of your face, you may wish to address those areas first to give structural support around the mouth.  Lip lines may require a filler injected more deeply like Juvederm Ultra, Restylane or Voluma with a more superficial filler above like Belotero.  Filling the lines around the lips should not increase the size of your lips but may either raise or flatten them depending on their extent.  You may need some filler at least along the margin of your lips to keep them defined and even in the cupids bow to keep them lifted.  

If the lines around your mouth are very deep and  your skin quite sun and/or cigarette damaged, you may also want to consider a resurfacing procedure like Fraxel to improve them from the outside while you are improving them from the inside with fillers.  Botulinum toxin can also be helpful to reduce your ability to purse and make more lines.

I hope this answer was helpful  Best wishes

Heidi A. Waldorf, MD

Juvederm for deep lines

Hello.  If you are unhappy with the nasolabial folds and marionette lines around your mouth, Juvederm or any hyaluronic acid filler will work nicely.  Facial resurfacing (i.e. laser or chemical peels) can also help, and better results may be seen with combination therapy.  If you're interested, it's best to consult a cosmetic surgeon for good in office exam and discuss your options.  

Take care.

Kenneth Yu, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lines -- Fraxel/Co2 Laser, Deep Peel, Fillers, Botox, Microneedling

I find that fillers compliment lasers, peels, and microneedling/PRP in this area. I suggest you see an expert for the best combination protocol.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm

Filling the lines around your mouth(nasolibial folds) should have not any effect on the volume of your lips. To get an effect in the lip with juvederm, it will have to be injected directly in the lips. Juvederm is a wonderful filler for lip augmentation when desired.

Basil Pakeman, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hello Herglo,

Juvederm is a great filler for the folds between the mouth and the cheeks as well as the lips.  Since you are treating multiple areas, you will likely need at least two syringes.  It will last for about 9-12 months in the folds around the mouth and about 6-9 months in the lips. 

I'd recommend you consult with a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist who performs his or her own injections. 

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

Juvederm it a great filler for the nasolabial lines around the mouth. Without seeing the lines it is hard to determine which filler would be best, but Juvederm Ultra and Juvederm Ultra plus are both great fillers for that area. Placing the Juvederm in just the nasolabial area will not enlarge your lips. Juvederm will only enlarge the lips when it is placed in the lips. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

Lip filler

Without a a picture it's difficult to tell which lines of which you speak.  If its vertical lip lines above the lip, then Juvaderm is too thick here and a thinner filler such as belatero is far better.  If its the nasolbial folds, juvaderm will work but other choices are available too and may be better.  If its the corner of the lips, or commissure, then juvaderm can be effective.  Juvaderm had its place, but does cause an inflammatory reaction often in the first 48-72 hours.  Its best to discuss with your dermatologist or plastic surgeon, but good results can be achieved if you choose your product wisely and have a capable injector.

Rodney E. Schmelzer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm

Filling in those deep nasolabial folds around the mouth and filling in the lips can both be done with Juvederm.  Injecting only in the nasolabial folds will not effect the lips unless they are injected as well. Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD