I had a tummy tuck 13 years ago and now in October had a hysterectomy and the doctor used the same incision?

Now my tummy feels not as tight in the lower center area and pulls, it also feels like my insides wanna fall out like a pouch it's pull if I eat alittle to much, can the hysterectomy ruin my tummy tuck?

Re-use of the TT scar

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

These can be improved with topical treatments such as BioCorneum, Scar Guard, Scar Fade and Mederma. Redness can be improved with laser treatments and the scars can be kept narrow with products such as Embrace.  On occasion, keloids or hypertrophic scars can develop and will need treatment including Kenalog, 5FU and laser.

Now, there is always the option to take your questions and concerns to your surgeon to have the area examined and make sure that healing is progressing well. It could be the incisions for the hysterectomy that are still healing slowly and a follow-up with your OBGYN would be helpful.

Hysterectomy after tummy tuck

It's hard to say. The best next step is to follow-up with both your gynecologist and your plastic surgeon since a physical exam will be the best way to see if there is an issue. 

Best wishes!

Dr. Blagg

Austin, TX

Concerns after hysterectomy and previous tummy tuck surgery...

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after the hysterectomy.  Whether or not the outcome of the tummy tuck was changed cannot be determined online, despite your good description.  Given that you are relatively "fresh" out of the hysterectomy surgery, I would suggest close follow-up with your gynecologist and patience.  If, in the longer term, you  continuing to have concerns about your abdominal wall integrity, follow up with your plastic surgeon who, after physical examination, will be able to provide you with good advice and/or reassurance.  Best wishes.

After hysterectomy?

This sounds a bit complicated to figure out without a physical examination. I think you should address these concerns with your gynecologist and then your plastic surgeon. Be aware that it's only been a few months since your hysterectomy and perhaps you're symptoms will get better as you continue to heal. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

TT

This is hard to say without knowing how your TT was performed. There a small possibility that your plication suture may have come apart. However after 13 years I would suspect there would be enough scar tissue to hold the plication together. 

Best Wishes

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician