What to believe on this crown?

I had a crown done two months ago. Now lately I've been feeling pain in upper teeth area above this crown (it's on the bottom). One dentist says that there is no occlusion at all on that crown and that's why I'm having muscular pain on top teeth and jaw. the one who did the crown says it was hitting high and that's why I have the pain and that I would risk losing the tooth if he had to replace the crown. Totally contrary opinions. Who to believe and what to do?

Jaw pain after crown #DrSoftTouch

I would recommend returning to your dentist to get clarification on this. If the crown is indeed high, an adjustment would be recommended. Your dentist should check your bite in all quadrants and adjust areas as needed. Correcting your bite may solve your issues. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Crown and Belief

You have a very tough question with very little information in your question. What kind of pain are you experiencing? If it is temperature sensitivity (cold or hot) and there are no discernible areas on your upper teeth then it may be "referred pain" from your bottom crown.  I assume that you did not have this pain immediately after your crown was cemented. If you are having muscular pain as one dentist indicated then yes, bite may be off. I do not believe that you will lose the tooth by replacing your lower crown if indeed that is the problem. I suggest you seek one more dental opinion. It may be coincidental that you are having upper pain and the lower crown may be perfectly fine. Good luck in seeking a solution.

Joseph H. Hidalgo, DDS
Plano Dentist