How do you choose a facial laser practitioner?

I am interested in doing a facial rejuvenation laser. Seems like there are a sprinkling of nightmare stories and I want to make sure I choose the person (and the laser) correctly. I'd like to do a fraxel, but have medium toned skin (Jewish) and don't want to get hyper pigmentation or some other disaster. Where I live in NM, there are only a handful of people with fraxels, but I have no idea if they are good or bad.

To find doctors in your local area, please click here.

Choosing a Doctor for facial laser treatment

Dear Guacamoleandchips :), 

Using lasers to help with skin rejuvenation requires years of experience and its best to see a dermatologist or cosmetic surgeon with experience treating patients with lasers. 

But, it may not require lasers, there are medical skin care lines which might be able to help you with out the need for more invasive lasers. 

Take a look at the video I'll link here about How to prevent and treat skin wrinkles.

I hope this was helpful 

Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

How To Find a Doctor

If I were you, I would look for a board Certified Dermatologist. The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery is the place to look. Reviews online are not the best way to tell the story.Some may be critical when some may not . I think there is a tendency for only dissatisfied patients to take the time to write...Just my two cents. Good luck finding the right person for you!

Beverly Johnson, MD
Silver Spring Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin Resurfacing

Thank you for your question. You should evaluate any surgeon or laser practitioner by their credentials in education/training, years of experience, specialty, level of board certification (single/double), patient testimonials and before and after photos. I suggest you consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. You can always consult with a few different surgeons to get a feel of your rapport and comfort level. Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon