Do I need botox or fillers at this point in my life? (photos)

I'm a 50-year old hot woman who loves to go out, look good and dress great. However, the wrinkles on my face are getting too numerous and I've never had botox or fillers as of date. Is botox even something I should consider or am I just to go straight to fillers?

Do I need botox or fillers at this point in my life? = possibly both #botox #fillers #chemicalpeer #drmesa

Patients with mild signs of aging could benefit from cosmetic plastic surgery procedures like botox and fillers. 

In my practice, patients in their 50s benefit from Botox treatment to look smooth and younger. They also benefit from improving their facial countour or correcting deep lines not completely improved by Botox with soft tissue fillers. If they have skin laxity in the lower lids, they could benefit from skin tightening with chemical peels with TCA. 

Patients interested in facial improvement /rejuvenation should make a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon specialized in plastic surgery procedures of the face

Botox and Fillers

You would definitely benefit from both Botox and Fillers in our face and also some Fraxel laser for the sun damage and fine lines.  Please consult an expert,  Best, Dr. Green

Facial rejuvenation to enhance beauty

You should post several pictures, some without a smile and others with smiles to show teh dynamic wrinkling in the face; as well as give an idea about the texture of your facial skin under your eyes, mid face .... and skin laxity near the jowels.

With that in mind, the picture suggests that you can start with Botox in the "11 lines" to soften those muscles and also consider fractional lasers in the under eye areas to improve the fine wrinkles and to tighten that skin, as well as Ultherapy in those areas.

Facial fillers should be considered next for the nasolabial grooves and volume lost in that area.

Ultherapy for the lower face will also reduce skin laxity.

Start with Botox and fractional lasers and go from there.

Read my ebook about Ultherapy on the link below.

An in person evaluation should be considered for best advice.

Dr Karamanoukian

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

It looks like a combination of lasers, skin care, botox, and fillers with potential skin tightening would really help.  I suggest a formal consultation to determine what is best.  Dr. Emer.

When to Start Botox and Fillers

Hi and thank you for your question!

When you are just starting to see the lines and wrinkles be more noticeable, its a good time to schedule a consultation with a skilled provider in a reputable practice. Start addressing these things before they get too advanced.
There are many ways to approach these concerns, and the best answer if often multi-faceted.
A little botox and fillers, and maybe considering a light resurfacing laser or other energy based device to stimulate collagen. In addition, a pharmaceutical grade skin care regimen.
We have all of the above at our practice. I recommend a practice that offers a lot of services so you have numerous options and can find what works best for you.

Good luck!
Feel free to call our office for question.
Dr. Grant Stevens

Grant Stevens, MD

Botox is generally considered the best treatment option for wrinkles on the forehead...

Botox is generally considered the best treatment option for wrinkles on the forehead, frown lines, and crow’s feet, although if your wrinkles are already deep even at rest, you may need filler as well. Filler is often a good choice for lines on the lower face such as nasolabial folds. I suggest visiting a board-certified dermatologist for a consultation and full evaluation of your face in order to customize a treatment plan for you.

Karen Beasley, MD
Baltimore Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox & Filler

At your consultation, an experienced injector should be able to provide you with options which would be best suited for your specific needs. Botox and filler maybe a good place to start, if you are a good candidate.

Be sure to book your consultation with an experienced injector.

Take care.

Combination of botox and filler

Neurotoxin (i.e.; Botox, Xeomin, Dysport) and fillers(Juvederm, Restylane) are a great non-surgical way to smooth out facial contour irregularities, including wrinkles, that occur naturally as we age to give a younger, fresher looking appearance. They treat different things. Neurotoxins paralyze the muscle to smooth out the lines on the forehead and around the eyes, lasting about 3-4 months. Fillers augment a certain area or deeper wrinkles, such as the deep folds around the mouth and can last around 9-12 months. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox and fillers for maintenance and wrinkle prevention

Botox is an excellent way to soften the appearance of the lines that form during facial expressions - frown lines, forehead wrinkles, and wrinkles around the eyes.  It is just as important as a good skin care regimen in preventing the formation of wrinkles.  

Fillers works in conjuction with Botox to address different areas of aging - volume loss and contour deficit.  As the name implies they are used to restore volume and fullness to areas that have lost it with aging.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Do I need botox or fillers at this point in my life?

Hi, a non smiling photo of your face from the front abnd side would help in the evaluation.   From the attached photos, the cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is excess in front of the cheeks creating nasolabial folds along with excess facial skin evidenced by jowls.  These combine to create a rectangular shaped face.

Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation using a dermal filler (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or with cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks anteriorly that will feminize the entire face.

If you are interested in addressing the jowls, these are from sagging facial tissues and are an indication for some form of a facelift.   The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured.  The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face, deep plane and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

•very small incisions
•minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
•can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without anesthesia
•no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
•excess fat can be removed
•excess skin removed
•cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Restylane Lyft) or facial implants
•most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

Your brows appear low and there is evidence of glabellar lines.  The lines can be sodften with Botox buit a Brow Lift would be required to ekevate the eyebrows into a more aesthetic appearance. 

Hope this helps.