BA scar seems pinched? (photos)

I had BA Oct 7th. My left breast has dropped and has a great shape. My right breast has not fully dropped. The incision seems pinched, very close to my ribs, like it won't allow the drop. I can push on the implant in a downward manner and it does drop some, but has the appearence of a dent when I do so. I know I'm early on, but I have noticed this since week one. Opinions would be appreciated!

Why is one breast higher than the other?

Hi Jess,

Thank you for your question and your photos. It would certainly help if we had you're before pictures as some asymmetries usually exist before the surgery and sometimes cannot be corrected.  Based on your pictures and your timeline it is still certainly possible for your implants to drop. Continue to massage and wait even though there is no scientific study to prove that massaging helps. It can encourage the scar tissue to soften however. Continue to be patient and discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. Usually the dent is caused by the fascial tissue( muscle cover) that is still tight. It usually relaxes with Time. Good luck.

Carlos Mata M.D., MBA, FACS

Board certified plastic surgeon

#breastaugmentation #highimplant

Time is on your side

It takes time for the implants to settle into their final position. It's a matter of the muscle and the breast stretching to accommodate the implant. More often than not, one side drops faster than the other. It will be several months before you can see your final results. Try to be patient and enjoy the "new you". Best wishes. 

Post Op Incision Concern

I recommend you discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon so that they can advise you. They may recommend that you do some massage of the scar to help relax the tissues or it could just be a matter of waiting a few more months for tension to naturally resolve. This is common.

All the best

BA scar seems pinched?

Hi-

Just try and be patient, the implant will drop and settle where is should be. There is no timeframe on how long this might take but it will happen. Be sure to follow your plastic surgeons post operative instructions and follow up as scheduled. Congratulations on your new look and hope you love your result! Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Pocket and breast shape

Thank you for the question and photos.  The breast implant pocket will have to allow the implant to be where it ideally should be.  If with time, the pocket stretches and this occurs you will be fine.  There is still plenty of time for this to happen so waiting longer and following your plastic surgeons recommendations is good advice.  If the pocket has not been released enough and or it does not stretch enough with time then a revision may be needed. Revising the pocket to have it come down more is a fairly easy procedure to do.

Good luck with your breast augmentation journey.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Scars

That scar will loosen up with time, try not to worry.  Massage of the scar tissue gently may speed up the process slightly, but you really just need time.  Good luck, Jane