6 weeks po and left breast high...varies from soft in morning then firmer later in the day. Any suggestions? (photos)

Is the variance in softness/firmness throughout the day normal at six weeks po, early CC or something else? It seems to get a bit tight and smaller when firm..then when I am sitting and relaxing by evening it seems to relax, soften and drop a bit. This breast had swelling 9 dpo....no hematoma or seroma, likely edema. My right has dropped, is soft and okay.

Breast asymmetry after augmentation

Thank you for your question and photo.  6 weeks is still quite early in the recovery period.  You will still undergo changes over the next several weeks to months.  Sometimes the implants settle at different rates (they are different breasts).  If the implants do not settle in a similar way by 3-6 months, occasionally corrective surgery is needed.  

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Variable breast swelling

Without an examination, it is hard to say for sure.  Your symptoms sure sound like swelling.  Capsular contracture does not come and go and it is far too early for capsular contracture.  The muscle may also be involved, but this should settle down over time as well.
Best to give it time.  Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Most often, we do not intervene surgically until approximately six months have elapsed.  Best wishes.

Breast Asymmetry

Hello,There is nothing to do right now, even if it is in the early phases of capsular contracture. Keep in mind no implant massage, compression strap, medication or vitamin, or external ultrasound will have an effect on it's final healing or prevention/treatment of capsular contracture. Time will reveal how it goes, and whether your implant drops or not. I would wait a full 6 months from your surgery before deciding on a revision, unless it clearly gets worse with time. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

6 Weeks Post Op

It is not uncommon to have a little asymmetry at 6 weeks and you will still note changes as the breasts drop and fluff over the next few months. I recommend that you let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have concerns about changes or increased discomfort in the breasts.
All the best