Will I be able to take a 20-hour flight from the US overseas 7 weeks after a Facelift?

Also, can I carry a carry-on size backpack? It's a lower facelift and platysma necklift. I'm in my 60s, but I'm very healthy; no smoking or drinking. Thank you very much.

Traveling after a facelift

Yes, you should be fine, but it always best to check in with your surgeon since each of us has our own unique post op protocol.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

You should be alright to fly.

Yes, travel and exercise after a facelift are not a problem. I have had a number of patients return to their home overseas within 10 days of surgery, and I allow a return to full activity one week after surgery. Every surgeon has unique recommendations, though, so you might check with your surgeon to confirm

Travelling After a Facelift Surgery

Yes, it is safe for you to fly 2-3 weeks after your facelift surgery. Generally, most facelift procedures take up 2-3 weeks to heal before patients can return to normal activities. Since you are from overseas, it is smart to stay as much as possible. I have had patients fly even one week after surgery, however I advise most patients to wait a minimum of 2-3 weeks to ensure good healing and avoid unnecessary issues. I recommend speaking to your facial plastic surgeon about the earliest you can fly out, as he/ she may advise you to stay an extra week or two depending on your procedure

Can I fly 7 weeks after surgery?

Thank you for your question.  At seven weeks post op you should be back to your normal routine.  Traveling at 2 weeks is usually fine as long as you have been healing without any complications.  Make sure to stay hydrated on your flight and also try to get up and walk around every hour or so and you should be just fine.  I would suggest checking in with your surgeon before you leave to make sure everything is okay.  
Dr. Hisham Seify

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Flying 7 weeks after surgery

Seven weeks after a facelift you should be back to your normal routines without restrictions, this is assuming that the healing process has progressed without any complications. It is always best to check with the surgeon who has performed your surgery to make sure that they have given you the green light to go ahead with your very long flight. On such a long flight it is important to stay hydrated and make sure that you are getting up every hour or so to walk around.

US overseas 7 weeks after a Facelift?

You should be fine to travel seven weeks after facelift surgery.  Generally we recommend at least two weeks after standard facelift surgery before undertaking international travel.

Michel C. Samson, MD
Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

Flight

I would recommend waiting at least 2 weeks before undertaking such a long flight.  Your incisions will not be healed at a week and you could still be at risk for a hematoma specially with all the activity involved in flying.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Long flights after facelift surgery

Congratulations on your procedure and thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Yes. You should be recovered already. make sure that you drink water and walk during your flight.
Finally, make sure that your doctor is aware of your process. He should be able to guide you best in your care.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Facelift recovery and activity

Thank you for the questions. Typically, at 7 weeks, most patients are back to their normal activities. This can certainly include travel. Use caution with heavy lifting, but travel is fine. Enjoy!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Traveling after a facelift

My patients have no restrictions 6 weeks after a face and neck lift. As long as your healing process goes as expected, you should be able to fly and carry a backpack. If my patients plan on traveling in the first month or two after surgery, I like to have them come in to see me before they leave town to make sure they are ready to go.

Steven M. Daines, MD
Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon