What is the procedure time (in hours) for a neck lift? What is the recovery time (in days) for a neck lift?

Neck Lift Recovery Time and Neck Lift Procedure Time.

Since everyone is different, each neck lift patient will recover from their neck lift surgery differently, the recovery from a neck lift can be surprisingly quick, especially if your surgeon uses a rapid recovery protocol.  A rapid recovery protocol includes a twilight combined with tumescent anesthesia, no drains, removal of the dressing the next day, hot showers the next day and up and around walking the next day.  I encourage my patients to get outside for a walk the next day and do not restrict activities like lifting or bending over.  Some work out fanatics have been back to the gym the next day on a spin bike or doing a light workout at home.

With the rapid recovery neck lift method, my patients are generally able to get back to work within a week.  The big problem is usually the residual swelling that does not look bad but people who know you well will likely notice the swelling and hopefully an improvement in your appearance.  There will be bruising but this can always be covered up with makeup.  With this technique, you will not need any narcotics and all my patients ever use is some Aleve or something similar.

The duration of the surgery varies with what has to be done but usually, in my hands, a neck lift will take about 2 hours to complete.

You should love the results.  Everyone who has a neck lift in my practice is thrilled with their outcome.  The saggy neck is an aged look and correcting can be one of the best things you can do for your looks!

I hope that helps and if it does please give it and up vote at the top right at the "report' button.  Thanks.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift Procedure

Thank you for your question.  Neck Lift procedure will typically take 2 hours and recovery will normally take 10-14 days, however this will depend on patient to patient.  Also, a lot of my patients will combine this surgery with facelift, platysmaplasty, neck lipo etc, therefore procedure time and recovery maybe extended.
All The Best 

The length of surgery and the recovery time depend on the type of necklift that is performed and whether it's combined with some form of a facelift.  My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

•very small incisions
•minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
•can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
•no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
•excess fat can be removed
•excess skin can removed from the neck through a small incision under the chin
•cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Perlane) or facial implants
•most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op

Formal Necklifts, typically require facelifts as well to avoid unsightly skin pleats arond the lower part of the era, take 4-6 hours to complete both surgeries and will take months to recover.  Hope this helps.

Neck lifts (platysmaplasty) takes 2-3 hrs under local for $5500.

Neck lifts can be a platysmaplasty ($5500) which is cutting under the chin which takes 2-3 hrs or they can be more involved such as pulling the jawline/neck back toward the ear ($9800 on special) which takes 5 hrs. Both are done under local and easy to undergo.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Surgery and Recovery Time for Necklift

Surgery typically takes about 2 hours for the average patient. Recovery in the immediate post op period will take 10-14 days.

Procedural time and healing time for a neck lift

In our practice, a neck lift takes approximately 1-1/2 hours, usually under a general anesthetic. The lower face and neck lift takes approximately 2-1/2 -3 hours. The recovery time for either procedure is about 2 weeks of some degree of swelling and bruising. For many examples, please see the link below

Procedure time and recovery for neck lift

Not everyone has the same type of neck lift, so you would need to be evaluated to determine what procedure would be best for you.  The exact type of procedure would determine the procedure time and the time could also vary by surgeon.  I would say as a rough estimate, that it normally should not take more than a few hours.  The recovery time can vary by the exact procedure as well, but I would say an estimate for the immediate recovery time would be 1-2 weeks.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost, and anesthetic , and recovery for neck lift?

It is impossible to give you an answer to this question without seeing photographs to determine which type of procedure would be best for you. If you have jowls and excess skin in your neck you will need a full facelift not just a neck lift. See a very experienced surgeon for this and shop quality not price.