Can lipo help me or do I need a tummy tuck? (Photo)

Hello I'm 25 years old with 1 child I had him back in 2009 I weight 145 that's been my weight for years since I had my son I never go above 150 I would like to know do I need a tummy tuck or can lipo help I really don't care to much about the stretch marks I just want to look more in shape also my stretch marks are not loose skin it can tighten doesn't feel saggy but I just want to go with the best option for me thanks

Tummy tuck or liposuction

You need to be examined physically to determine best option for you. However, looking at your photo, it appears that you have excess subcutaneous fat as well as excess skin. Liposuction on its own will help get rid of the excess fat. However, once the excess fat is gone your skin may not retract enough and you will be left with loose excess skin. Ideally, you would benefit from a Lipo-Abdominoplasty which will give you a nice shapely tummy.

Tummy Tuck

Hello, Thank you for your question. You appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck which will remove excess fat and skin from your lower abdomen. You could also add liposuction which will help you achieve your desired look. I suggest booking in a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine the best plan for you. 

We wish you the best of luck!

Peter Newen, MD

Can lipo help me or do I need a tummy tuck?

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photo.

Evaluating from your photos you apper to be a very good candidate for Tummy Tuck and Liposuction this will give you your desired results. If you are unhappy with the look of your nose, you think that you would be much happier after a rhinoplasty operation; if you had an accident and the shape of your nose got worsened after this accident; then you can be a good candidate for rhinoplasty operation. It is a well-known fact that individuals with feeling themselves beautiful have higher self-esteem. Therefore; if the look or functionality of your nose bothers you, you can get benefit from a rhinoplasty operation.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and liposuction candidate

Thank you for your question. You appear to bea good candidate for a tummy tuck to flatten the abdomen, cinch in the waist, and remove excess fat and skin from the lower abdomen. You can add liposuction to your waist to give you a lean appearance and accentuate the hour glass figure. Although an in person consultation would be the best way to determine the best plan for you. You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Tummy tuck

After looking at your pictures I think you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck to tighten up your abdomen and remove the excess skin. You could also combine the tummy tuck with some liposuction to really contour your waistline for beautiful results. However, I would need to examine you in person before giving my final surgical recommendations. Good luck!

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

You May Have Better Results With a Tummy Tuck

From your photograph, you look to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Fat removal through liposuction can exacerbate loose skin and leave you with more sagging skin tissue. A tummy tuck combined with liposuction could be a great option for you and may get rid of your stretch marks if you wish.

Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but it’s best to consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon about your desired results to determine if liposuction or a tummy tuck (or both) is right for you. Good luck!

Michael Chiaramonte, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction or tummy tuck?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction or tummy tuck.
  • In the photo at least, it looks as though you need a tummy tuck with liposuction at the sides.
  • But to be sure this is right, you need to be examined and discuss the pros/cons of the two procedures.
  • Some women - even though we, the surgeon feel a tummy tuck is better - find a liposuction is not as good but satisfactory - it is a personal decision.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question. By looking at your picture I think your best bet is a tummy tuck. You will have a very flat stomach with no loose skin and an excellent contour. Liposuction may lead to contour irregularities because of the stretch marks. Best of luck to you. 

Tummy tuck versus liposuction

It appears as though a tummy tuck will give you the best results.  I think that if you just do liposuction you'll have so much excess skin afterward you won't be happy.  However, I'd need to see you in consultation to give you a more detailed and exact evaluation.Thank you for your question!Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Tummy tuck

Hello,  thank you for your question and photo.  I think you're a good candidate for a TT.  It will give you a better shape and will eliminate the skin excess.   A liposuction along will leave you with sagging skin.  Have a great day.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD