Surgery next month to go up in size, is 350 too much like 400? I thought 400 was too big. Am I risking a good thing? (photo)

I am 5' 3" 117 lb with a breast width of 13 I believe. I got 275 cc mod and felt they were just a tad too small. Many years ago I had 400 HP and removed them because they were ginormous. Now I am booked to go up a bit to 350 mod. I am looking to opinion on my up size. Is 350 too much like 400 even with the profile change. I do like my results now and I am scared I will hate the new look if it's too big. 

Risk of Breast Revision Surgery and Size Selection

Breast revision surgery is more difficult, complicated, and requires more time than primary surgery. There is as much as a 40% chance additional surgery will be needed following the #revision. As far as sizing, there are no promise or guarantee of the specific cup/bra size and shape you will be after your surgery.  Implants which are under the muscle or are placed in a new position under the muscle may change with shape on muscle contracture and may have “banding” and motion of the implants with muscle contracture. If this is unsatisfactory, it may require additional surgery which will also require additional surgeon’s fees, operating room and anesthetic fees.

Upsizing

Good morning!

You're going up 75cc, which is two and a half ounces. Really not that much of a change- bet you will love them!

Surgery next month to go up in size, is 350 too much like 400? I thought 400 was too big. Am I risking a good thing?

Thank you for the good question.   

When it comes to selection of optimal breast implant, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.  Again, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. ***Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of know words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.

I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation revision surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.