Too small after being too big. (Photo)

I just had my surgery today. I am not happy with size. Surprise surprise. I once had 400 cc and removed them because I HATED how big they are. I then put 275 cc and now they are too small. I know time will tell but as PS how long do you recommend waiting and what do you do at your office for those who change their implants. Do you charge a whole full new price or do you give discounts. Also is it possible to swap under local anesthesia?

Changing breast implants under local anesthesia.

Often, implants can be changed under local anesthesia, which can save on anesthesia and facility costs.  However, this depends on the circumstances.  I would give your body some time to adjust to your new implants before making any hasty decisions.

Breast implant exchange - implants too small!

Thank you for your question about your breast implants.
  • If your surgery was done today, you can have larger implants placed within the week, if your surgeon is willing.
  • After this 'golden' period, it is best to wait 3 months.
  • Please contact your surgeon at once, send him the photos and come up with a plan you both can live with.
  • In these situations, only your own surgeon can tell you the cost - 
  • I have seen surgeons manage such problems by charging another full fee (at one end) to doing the revision for free (at the other extreme.)
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Too small after being too big

Thank you for your question.  Be sure to spend a good amount of time with your plastic surgeon deciding which implants you want.  Revision can be performed at least 3 months after surgery usually for a reduced price.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

1 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Too small after being too big.

You are correct in that it is too early to evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed; give yourself a few months before deciding whether additional surgery! 

There are no "absolute rules" when it comes to timing to return to the opera room; then, given your situation, I would suggest patience and evaluation of the outcome procedure several months ffrom now.  Again, practices may vary; in my practice, I would exchange breast implants under general anesthesia.

Policy regarding coverage of expenses for revisionary surgery will vary from office to office and probably on a case-by-case basis as well.  For example, costs of revisionary surgery may include  anesthesia/surgery center fees or discounted surgeon's fees...

Too small after being too big.

You need to DECIDE! Only 125 cc's difference is really not much!!! Yes I would change you the costs of new implants, OR staff fees, Supplies feels. around $3,000.