Is there a problem with my one breast healing different then the other? (Photos)

My one breast is nice and round. Smaller than I want but still round. The other is shaped funny. Should I be concern that I think the implant is sitting funny

ASYMMETRY POST OP

Agree with the other Plastic Surgeons 
It's too early to make any conclusions as the shape will change over the next 3-6 months. All patients are asymmetric and asymmetry following BA can still be present. Please discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.
Look at your prep photos well to determine what was there before .
Best regards 
Dr Shamoun 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Swelling, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast Implant Revision Early Results

Thank you for your question about recovery from breast implant revision.

The pictures you show seem to be very early results.  You probably need to wait several months.

For specific questions like this and about your recovery in general, it is best to speak directly with your doctor or doctor’s representative – such as his or her nurse, or the physician on call for the practice.

You will likely get many differing opinions from members of the RealSelf Community, but they have not physically seen or examined you. Nobody should know you or your unique set of circumstances better than your doctor.

If you feel you are not being listened to or you are doubting your doctor’s recommendations, then it is certainly within your rights to seek a second opinion and get the advice from another board certified physician. This should be done through an in-person consultation with a thorough evaluation, including a review of your history, review of all prior treatment and with a physical examination.

Obviously, if you think that you are having a medical emergency or other serious problem, you should call 911 and/or go to your nearest emergency room.

Best Wishes.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Asymmetry following BA

Thank you for your question.  It's too early to make any conclusions as the shape will change over the next 3-6 months. All patients are asymmetric and asymmetry following BA can still be present.  Please discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon. 

Breast different after Breast Augmentation

Hi MommaDuby,

Thanks for your question and photos. It is common for the breast to look different after surgery early on especially if they were different before surgery. IT would help in your assessment to have before surgery photos. I would discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon as they know what you started with and how they corrected you problems. Good Luck and be patient, it early in your recovery period!

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS
@breastasymmetries @breastaugmentation @docmata #drcarlosmata

Surgery issue

Being that you are early post-op, it is common to have swelling.  If there is something specific you are concerned about, then you should see your surgeon.

Is there a problem with my one breast healing different then the other?

Given that it seems you are early out of surgery, it is too early to evaluate the final breast shape and symmetry. Keep in mind, that your plastic surgeon (knowing your starting point and exactly what procedure was performed) will be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment, advice, and/or meaningful predictions/reassurance.  Best wishes for you will be very pleased with.

Postoperative Asymmetry

The most common cause of postoperative differences is preoperative differences.  Often times patients don't notice the subtle differences in breast shape or nipple location before surgery that they do notice afterwards.  If a patient's breasts are symmetric before surgery and there are differences in the period immediately after surgery, these will almost always resolve themselves.

Samuel Beran, MD