Mommy make over help? I'm 24, had 2 kids & I'm 6 weeks away from my surgery date!

I picked 525 cc that are very full an round look! I am wondering if they are to big I'm 5'3 small frame A-B cup. They didn't seem that big when I tried them out but hearing from people sayin that will be to big and my doctor did say this would be the biggest size he would go! What I'll need to do / buy for pre & post surgery! My doctor will be sending my papers out shortly I'm just a big planner with OCD lol! Any tips would be great Thank you!!!

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

The size of implant beset for you is dictated by your chest wall measurements.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  If you are seeking a natural look, then the diameter of the implant should be equal to or, more ideally, smaller than the width of your breast. The breast width is a measurement of how wide your breast is at the base, which should be measured at the level of the nipple. Choosing an implant that is smaller in diameter than your breast width will avoid the "side breast" fullness that is often associated with a more artificial appearance.  Other than that, you should choose the implant based on volume, not on the dimensions of the implant. You should choose a board certified plastic surgeon that you trust to help guide you in this decision.  

Silicone will give you a fullness at the top (upper pole fullness).

Silicone implants come pre-filled with a silicone gel and are the softest implant available. They feel more natural, which makes them a good option for women with less natural breast tissue; but they require a larger incision. It may be more difficult to realize if this type of implant has ruptured, so it is important to monitor them with annual follow-up visits. Additionally, because this implant contains a more liquid silicone (less cross-linked), if this implant should rupture, it will leak only into the scar capsule formed around the implant but may cause some discomfort or implant distortion.

Anatomic gummy bear implants might be a good choice to give you volume.

These highly-sought-after, anatomic implants offer a look that more closely resembles the natural silhouette of a breast, and, therefore, are a very attractive option for individuals seeking a natural-looking, aesthetic primary breast augmentation. Additionally, these implants are an especially excellent option for patients undergoing restorative or corrective breast surgery because they provide more stability, shape, and reduced incidence of capsular contracture. Compared to other types of silicone gel implants, the silicone in the cohesive gel implant is more cross-linked; therefore, should the implant shell “rupture,” it maintains its shape and silicone does not leak.

During your breast augmentation consultation, you should feel the different types of implants available, and try on various implant sizers in front of a mirror to help you to get an idea of how you will look following the surgery. You should also bring pictures of the look you would like to achieve, as well as a favorite top to wear when trying on implant sizers.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Implant size

The implant size you've chosen is large, but you mentioned that you want a very full look.  This is a time when you rely on the advice and experience of your surgeon.  Have a discussion in detail about the look you desire, and also what you do not want.  He/She will be the one to best advise you on the size that fits best with your surgical goals.

Camille Cash, MD

MM Help

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Implant Size Question

Hello and thank you for your question. I would have to say that I agree with the others' notes that although the implant size you have chosen is large, it is in fact a decision between you and your surgeon before following through with your procedure. Combining a lift with the implant will likely help with the placement and stability of the implants. Candidates for Breast Lift with implants (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. In addition, adding an implant gives both volume and shape to the newly lifted breast. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples)  also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another. Different size implants may be used for the two breasts. Different profiles of implants can be used depending upon the shape of the breasts, the type of lift and what the women wants to achieve. So, if you have any further questions or concerns about your implant size or your procedure overall, it would be a good idea to talk in person with your surgeon once more before surgery and ensure that you are working toward your desired final results. Best of luck, and you should look forward to the best!

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.While 525cc is a large implant, the decision is up to you and your surgeon. If you are unsure of the size I suggest going back to your surgeon to try on different size implants, so you can finalize your decision. Your surgeons will give you guidelines to follow for pre/post surgery.

Mommy make-over - are my implants too big?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.
  • At your height, with a small frame, 525 cc implants will be very large.
  • If that is what you want and they fit your frame, you can have the surgery.
  • Large implants tend to cause more long-term problems, just like very large natural breasts.
  • You might go back for a second sizing to be sure it's the size for you.
  • Please rely on your surgeon for your surgical planning -
  • You will get a lot of suggestions but you want to be sure they are what your surgeon wants you to do.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast size after augmentation

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern. Everything depends on your frame and the chest wall. I would suggest to consult again with your surgeon for resizing your implants. is better to go again and be sure before the procedure. rather than regretting it afterwards. Finally, make sure that you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Wishing you the best in your journey

Mommy makeover help?

Thank you for sharing your question and congratulations on your upcoming MM surgery.  Though 525cc implants are large for a typical 5'3'' woman, only with an in-person evaluation and measurement of key breast parameters can definite advice be given. I would reach out to your surgeon to have another discussion of your goal results as they can best advise you on the implants needed to achieve this.  Hope this helps.

Mommy make over help?

Thank you for the question.  Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical. 

***Given your concerns, I would suggest that you schedule additional time to spend with your plastic surgeon communicating your goals, preferably prior to the date of surgery.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "D or  DD cup” to "too big" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.  Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery,  after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers. I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast  augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

The size of breast implants that is right for you depends on what your desires are. Yes, a 525cc implant is big especially for a petite woman. With larger implants comes increased risk of complications. BUT it is my experience that implants are addictive and most patients come back later and say they wish they had gone bigger.  You will likely have a very nice results with a smaller implant that is still considered  big (something in the 400s). Remember is you think they are too big and decide to down size you may need a lift as your skin will be stretched out and your own breast tissue will atrophy.