Hole under anchor incision. (photo)

I am 3.5 weeks post off of Breast lift with implants and have a hole under both breasts but this one is getting larger. Is this something that goes away??

Wound healing after breast lift/augmentation

Wound healing challenges at the "T" portion of an anchor incision are not uncommon.  In most cases they heal uneventfully with local wound care.  Your wound is a bit deeper than most, however, and may be approaching the level of the implant.  This can lead to infection, capsular contracture, etc, so should be evaluated promptly by your surgeon.  Best of luck.

Not uncommon

this is not an uncommon problem seen with the anchor pattern, especially with breast implants placed at the same time. See your surgeon often and be sure you are doing exactly what he/she tell you to be doing so that it will heal without any further problems. 

Hole Under Anchor Incision

I know that I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

This trouble with your scar is not uncommon, as the incision can be difficult, and it would be best to visit your surgeon right away to have the area checked. It would be best to make sure with your surgeon whether a new stitching is needed. Good luck!

Open Wound

Follow up with your surgeon regarding wound care.  This should be addressed as soon as possible .

Robert E. Zaworski, MD