Breast lift and/or Reduction recommended, I do not want larger breasts. (photos)

I am 5ft 9" and 145 lbs. Have finished breastfeeding 3 children. Current breast size is 34d. Do not want larger breasts. Would you recommend a lift or reduction?

Lipo-lift

I appreciate your question.

I perform a liposuction breast lift that removes tissue from the areas you don't want such as near the armpit and the lower portion hanging near your stomach. Once I use this to shape the breast I then remove the skin to tighten the breast and create a better shape with nice cleavage. Since I perform this less invasively the recovery time is faster. The size would depend on the proportion with your body versus going for a cup size.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast Lift Possibly With Reduction

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Implants without a lift is usually a mistake. Most breasts will look larger and droopier. They will sag more and sooner because of the excess weight.  The shape will usually not be satisfactory. There will sometimes be a “Snoopy” breast or double bubble. If the nipples are in a fairly high position on the breast or “glandular” ptosis or drooping, an implant may be useful.

Breast lift and/or Reduction recommended, I do not want larger breasts.

I think that a breast lift would be perfectly reasonable based upon the pictures presented above.  The lift component will reduce the apparent size of the breasts.

Recommendation for a lift or reduction ?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation

A breast lift alone should give you a nice result and improve symmetry of your breasts.  If you want your breasts significantly smaller a minor reduction can be done at the time of your lift. For more information please read below:

Reduction or lift

You would be an excellent candidate for a breast lift. Implants are not necessary. The lift will result in a small decrease in breast size by virtue of excision of excess skin.

Lift vs reduction

A lift will not decrease your breast size.  A reduction will.  Watch this attached video and it will help you decide.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Lift with small reduction

You probably would benefit from a lift and small reduction. Best to be evaluated in person to determine this.

Breast lift or breast reduction?

Recognizing the fact that you do not want to be larger I would tell you to leave well enough alone since your breast shape is satisfactory though lacking in fullness or consider breast lift with placement of small breast implants to give you projection and fullness.  Though this does add volume it would probably add aesthetically to your breasts in an important way.  Just something to think about.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Jon A. Perlman, MD

BREAST LIFT

Your photos show an asymmetry. The left breast in the photo it is lower than the right. If you do not want to have bigger breast, you just need a breast lift, the left side just need more a lift than the right side. A consultation in person is necessary to evaluate your tissues and discuss your goals and limitations.