Worried I might be bottoming out! (Photo)

I had surgery earlier this year in January, saline implants 425/450ccc was a 32A now a 36C. I've healed perfectly without any complications or pain and I've also been happy with my results except lately I feel like my nipples are not at the center like it should be, it's not way at the top either especially on the right breast. I'm starting to get very worried that i might be bottoming out! Is this a normal look? Please help!

Worried I might be bottoming out!

Greetings

Thank you for your photos, according to your photos your breast dont look equal but thıs would be because of your natural breast shape. the best is to wait after after 6months then yu can have follow up control with your Doctor.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out?

Based solely on your photos, it doesn't look as if you are bottoming out. However, if you are unhappy with the look of your final results, schedule an appointment with your surgeon to discuss your concerns. Best, Dr. Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

No Bottoming Out

Based on your photos and the fact that your surgery was almost a year ago, it appears that your implants have settled but don't look to be bottoming out. It usually takes about 6 to 8 weeks for implants to fully settle after the procedure. As others have mentioned, there does seem to be some lateral displacement. The best advice is to schedule an appointment with your plastic surgeon to explain your concerns.

Eric Mariotti, MD
Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

Displacement

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to have some lateral displacement, however your areolas were naturally widely spaced pre op as well. It would be best that you have an in-person exam with your Plastic Surgeon to determine what is going on and options for you.

All the best

Bottoming out

Although there's a little bit of displacement going on, I would not call you bottomed out in appearance.   Be sure to discuss with your own surgeon about how this applies to you, and whether they have any special concerns in your case.

Lateral Displacement / Internal Bra

Good afternoon!

You do have some asymmetry in your photo, and specifically a little lateral displacement on both sides, giving you a really wide gap and also making your nipple position look wider apart than preop. This often starts as a dull, heavy, aching discomfort that can progress over time to real pain, where you never feel comfortable without a tight bra and/or cupping your breast with your hand.

The proper correction is the Internal Bra, my strong permanent internal suturing technique which corrects the lateral displacement and supports your implant over the long term. I would also perform a donut mastopexy to move your nipple position more medially.

This repair should be able to give you nice symmetry. I perform this exact type of revision 5-6 times a week.

I have attached a link to my Internal Bra / Breast Augmentation Revision photo gallery for your review- hope it helps!

Breast implants

You will eventually settle more. It appears that you are at a good position now, but you may be right that the nipples are starting to tend upward, which means that the implant is pushing down. Saline implants have a much higher rate of doing this then do silicone  implants. This is because of something called a water hammer effect that saline produces. You may consider silicone implants if this is a big fear of yours.Good luck! 

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out?

Thanks for your question.  Based on your photos, you look yo have a good result.  Your nipples appear well positioned in relation to  the implants.  There will always be some settling as time goes on, and larger implants, especially smooth, may have a tendency to drop and stretch.  You didn't indicate which incision was used, but if an inframammary incision was used, you can compare the implant position at the fold to where the incision sits and see if it has risen. Obviously, the best thing is to have your surgeon evaluate you and address your concerns, as he/she is the best person to give you an accurate answer.  Best Regards!