I feel like I'm ready for plastics. (photos)

Lower body lift and thigh lift ? I have very large calves and would like some advice on them as well . I have lost 110 lbs from gastric sleeve .

Ready for Plastics?

Congratulations on the weight loss. If you had your gastric sleeve surgery at least a year ago, your weight has been stable for at least three months, and all of your nutritional numbers are within normal limits, then yes you are ready to be rid of all that annoying extra skin. A lower body lift is a significant operation so it is important to be sure that you are in overall good health for the surgery.

Your photos indicate that you would be a good candidate for the surgery and should have a great improvement in your quality of life. It also appears that you might have an abdominal hernia, so your surgeon should be prepared to fix this at the same time as your body lift. Not all surgeons are willing to do this, so you may have to look for someone who has plenty of experience doing body lifts, and is also comfortable with fixing an abdominal hernia at the same time.

If your weight is now stable

you could certainly benefit from plastic surgery designed for those who have lost considerable amounts of weight.  This runs from arm lifts and thighs lifts to liposuction, breast lifts/augmentation, and tummy tucks.  What is actually done will depend on what risks you wish to accept as well as the scars and what your budget can handle.  Revisions should be anticipated so know what your surgeon's revision policy is as well.

Curtis Wong, MD

Lower body weight loss

Yes, based  in your pictures you are ready for surgery.  The selection of your surgeon based in experience on the field, number of cases he has done, the selection of the clinic and the after care facility will give you the answer as to where to go for your reconstruction.  Good look

Body contouring recs for massive weight loss patients

Congrats on your massive weight loss. A reasonable approach for you would be a circumferential body lift and breast lift with silicone implant augmentation. Both procedures could be completed under anesthesia in a reasonable amount of time. Other procedures such as arm and thigh lift surgery could be done at a second stage.

Body contouring surgery

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a lower body lift and thigh lift.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD