I got a breast reduction two and a half weeks ago and some tape fell off. Should I replace it? (Photo)

I'm also wondering if that dark spot is just a scab or should I be worried about it?

Breast reduction

I would recommend replacing the tape.  I advise all my breast reduction patients to wear tape for 12 weeks post-operatively.  It is easy to do & only needs to be changed about once a week, or when it starts to fall off.  The dark area is a scab at the "T" junction and is fairly common.  This should go on to heal without any problems.  Ensure you keep visiting your surgeon until you are well and truly healed & happy.  Regards

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

I got a breast reduction two and a half weeks ago and some tape fell off. Should I replace it?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure. Keep in mind, that your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to the most relevant advice/information. Generally speaking, I do not think that you have much to worry about; keep your incisions covered with sterile dressings until you follow-up with your plastic surgeon. Don't be surprised, that once the “scab” at the T junction comes off, if you experience some drainage and/or delayed wound healing ( not uncommonly  experienced in this area).  Best wishes; hopefully, you will be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Steri-stips usually fall off in about a week

Hello.It is normal for the tapes or steri-strips to fall off in about a week. They tend to get a little gooey by then too! I would use some gauze along the incisions because it can still have a little drainage. The small area that is darker scab area will be just alike any other scab and fall off on its own.
Good Luck.

Anne Taylor, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon