How can I fix my skewed nose ? I'm a model and I'm worried it might be a problem (Photo)

Doctor Answers 5

Septoplasty rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
In order to straighten your nose, it is necessary to fix the internal and external aspects of your nose that are "crooked". That involves a septoplasty/rhinoplasty, which involves straightening the external bones and cartilages along with the internall structures to provide a straight nose.

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

How can I fix my skewed nose ? I'm a model and I'm worried it might be a problem

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hello Thomas Hugo,
Thanks for your question.
There are ways to improve the deviation of your nose.
A septorhinoplasty would be necessary to make the changes you need in position.
Repositioning of the nasal bones and addition of spreader grafts to support the new straighter nasal position are also going to be necessary.
A skewed nose isn't a problem normally unless you have alterations in airflow and restriction in breathing.
A consultation with a rhinoplasty expert in your region would be recommended.
Good luck,
Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 69 reviews

Improving a Crooked Nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A septorhinoplasty can be done to straighten your crooked nose and improve nasal breathing which may be compromised secondary to the deviation. Select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who shows you excellent results in noses like yours.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
 A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish straightening of the crooked nose. A closed rhinoplasty approach  can accomplish straightening the nose with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose and avoiding an external incision. Osteotomies are required to be placed in the nasal bones to reset them straight. A cartilaginous spreader graft is usually placed on the concave side in the midportion of the nose to straighten that component. A tip rhinoplasty with cartilage removal/ cartilage grafts may be required if the tip is crooked. For many examples and more information, please see the link and the video below

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 158 reviews

How can I fix my skewed nose ?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
If the appearance of your nose concerns you enough, it can be straightened and cosmetically improved with a rhinoplasty and probable septoplasty. Whether it is worth doing is a decision that is personal and only you can make. Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best surgery. Natural appearing results need to be individualized and what is appropriate for one patient is not necessarily the best for someone else. I would suggest that you find a surgeon with extensive rhinoplasty experience certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon (otolaryngologist) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. The extent and length of the procedure, cost, and the specific operative steps to achieve an ideal cosmetic result vary from patient to patient and would depend on the findings at your consultation examination. Robert Singer, M.D., FACS La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 22 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.