Do I need liposuction or a chin implant? (Photo)

I feel like my chin looks weak, but others say it's just the fat in my neck area. What do the experts say? I added a photoshopped picture of what my neck would look like with out the fat.

Do I need liposuction or a chin implant?

Thank you for your question.  In my opinion your chin is not weak at all so I would recommend liposuction alone, which can be comfortably done under local anesthesia.   How much improvement you get will depend on how much of your neck contour is from fat versus the position of your neck muscles and voice box which cannot be determined from photos alone.  Find a good plastic surgeon who is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and also a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery to do your surgery as there are a lot of non surgeons doing liposuction.

Modesto Plastic Surgeon

Submental liposuction will likely provide some benefit.  A chin implant does not appear to be necessary.

Liposuction alone is a better treatment for this profile abnormalities.

The projection of your chin appears to be normal. Profile improvement probably could be easily obtained with liposuction. This can be done with local anesthesia.

Liposuction or chin implant

Thank you for your liposuction question.
  • Your photos suggest you should start with liposuction
  • I also do tightening of the platysma muscle in the neck as my experience is that liposuction alone for most men is disappointing
  • Men can have fat deep in the neck - liposuction will not help there.
  • Have a face to face exam with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to develop the best plan. Best wishes.

Chin Implant Versus Liposuction

You have fine chin projection and it appears that liposuction alone would be helpful.  An in person consultation is important in this case.  I would likely do SmartLipo with small cannula aspiration to contour your jaw.  Being young, you will get excellent retraction and see the results very quickly.  Make sure you see someone who is experienced in treating men and who is known for contouring/shaping rather than just fat removal.  Best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Liposuction or chin implant?

From the photos you sent, I think you would benefit most with a combined procedure of liposuction in the neck area and a chin implant.  Either procedure alone would give you some improvement, but together they should give you a better proportional balance and overall appearance.

Michael Leff, MD (retired)
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Neck lipo a good option in younger patients

I would say based on your pictures, that you would do nicely with a liposuction procedure to your neck. The excess fat makes your chin look weaker than it actually is. Good luck.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

It appears as though you would do well with some liposuction under your neck and jaw line.  This could be done possibly under local without any sedation.  This procedure will also sharpen the neck area allowing your chin to become more prominent.

Good luck...

Stanley P. Gulin, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon