Is Fraxel Repair worth it for a 73 year old woman who still is working part time?

Fraxel RePair vs other Co2 Lasers

Yes, and no. Is it effective? Yes, Fraxel RePair can give a great result, especially if a high density and max settings are used in the over ride mode. Are there better Co2 fractional lasers since the invention of Fraxel RePair? Yes, much better ones with no consumable tips and better delivery systems. I suggest visiting a Specialist who has all these systems, so you can decide which is best for your skin issues, and skin type. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

What is fraxel

Fraxel is a laser skin rejuvenation treatment that resurfaces your outer skin, erasing imperfections. It also encourages the production of collagen, a protein found in connective tissue.The result is clearly visible lines, folds and wrinkles. Fraxel laser skin rejuvenation is a non-invasive technique that affects only about 20 percent of the facial skin exposed to it. The most common side effects of Fraxel laser treatment are swelling and skin redness, which should subside within a couple of days. Other temporary side effects may include minor itching, dry skin, peeling or flaking, and a bronzed skin appearance. The risk of infection or scarring is very limited.

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Is Fraxel worth it?

I prefer a fractionated CO2 laser, which tightens the skin very effectively. No one treatment is perfect for everyone and it must be tailored to their needs. Needless to say, it is a great treatment for skin tightening of superficial lines. I HIGHLY recommend that you see someone with MUCH experience in laser treatments.
Best of luck! Dr. Bader.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel and Age

Fraxel is good for all skin ages. but how aggressive the treatment needs to be should be individualized.  please see a laser expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.