Tummy Tuck; how long do I have to wait to go back and get a breast surgery done?

I am getting a tummy tuck surgery next month and I was wondering how long do I have to wait to go back and get a breast surgery done.

Tummy tuck surgery and breast surgery

Some patients are candidates to have a tummy tuck surgery and breast surgery at the same time.  Generally they are patients in excellent health, close to their ideal body weight and the necessary surgery would take less than six hours.   If you are staging your surgery, it is a good idea to wait 8 to 12 weeks between procedures to insure that you do not put yourself at greater risk for deep vein thrombosis.  No two patients are alike so you will need to consult with your board certified plastic surgeon in order to get your best recommendation .

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

In my practice I usually combine the procedures you want in the same surgical time. For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for those procedures at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal.
Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree.
Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast surgery after TT

Hello and thanks for asking your question. You can have your surgery as early as 6-8 weeks following your tummy tuck provided that you had no complications from your first procedure. Seek a consultation with a BCPS.  

DrBurnett#realself100

Tummy tuck question

I recommend waiting until you are fully recovered from your tummy tuck surgery before proceeding with another major surgery. Usually this means waiting 3 to 6 months following your initial surgery.  It is possible to have breast surgery and a tummy tuck  at the same time for some patients. I'm guessing you discussed this with your surgeon and for one reason or another decided against that route.

Tummy tuck & breast augmentation

I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon because every surgeon has different protocols. These two procedures can be combined but if you choose to stage them then I generally recommend waiting at least 6-8 weeks between procedures to allow enough recovery time and swelling to resolve. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Surgery timing

Hello and thank you for your question. I recommend waiting 3 months.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Tummy tuck and breast surgery

You did not mention what type of breast surgery you plan on having. Many times I do both at the same time.  If you are staging them, it is often best to recheck blood work, review your medical history and what about 4-6 months.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you wait 6 months between procedures for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Staging a mommy make-over

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• How great that you are having a tummy tuck!
  • You can have breast surgery as early as 6 weeks later but most women end up waiting at least 3 months.
  • Have you considered having the breast surgery done at the same time?
  • Depending on what is needed, it is common today to combine the breast surgery and tummy tuck.
  • If this appeals to you - and you have already discussed it with your surgeon - call his office and ask about combining them into one operation.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast surgery after tummytuck

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! As long as your body heals with no issues you should be able to go back to have your surgery about 6 weeks post op from the tummy tuck. You have to be sure you can lay flat on your back without any issues or discomfort while in the OR for the breast surgery.  Every doctor is different and may have different restrictions so it is best to check with what your doctor reccomends. Good luck!

John W. Tyrone, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon