Will "drop and fluffing" change my bra size? (Photo)

Hi! I am 5"1 and around 125 pounds. I was a 34b with I got 500cc mentor moderate plus silicone implants. I desired to be a full D. I had a lollipop maxoplexy. I got my sutures out two days ago and was told to start massaging and I was able to wear a regular bra. I wore the compression bra and compression strap for the first two weeks. I am now two weeks post op and I went bra shopping and I am a 34 DDD and my question is as I drop and fluff with the bra size change? Thank you!

Bra size

Thanks for your question. I would suggest not spending a lot of money on bras just yet. You still have a long way to go in terms of swelling, implant settling, and recovery. Ask your surgeon when your incisions are healed enough to wear regular bras. I bet you will find that when you go to a reputable bra retail store, you will measure much differently. Best wishes.

Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Bra size after augmentation

It usually takes several weeks to months to achieve final bra size. You are very early in the healing and settling process. Also, bra sizes vary a lot depending upon brand, store, etc. I would go by how you look and feel rather than an arbitrary bra size.

Close follow up with your plastic surgeon is recommended.

Breasts at two weeks

At two weeks post surgery you are likely still swollen. It is too early to go bra shopping. I would wait at least 6-8 weeks minimum and maybe longer.

Breast lift with implants: Will dropping and fluffing change my bra size?

I believe that your breasts and implants just begin to come into your clothes (dropping and fluffing) at about 8 weeks. At that point, you'll have a better idea of your size. Right now at two weeks your breasts are pressed in and high. I advise my patients that 8 weeks is when they could start thinking about doing more major bra and bathing suit shopping. At three months you would be approximately 75 to 80 percent dropped; you'll be close to 100 percent at around 9 to 12 months. Happy shopping. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Good luck to you. 

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon