Will my breasts perk up anymore? I'm at 9 weeks post op. (photos)

I am currently 9 weeks post op. I got a breast augmentation with lift. My doctor put in 450 cc of saline. I'm just curious if my breasts will plump up anymore. I was going for nice cleavage and I really don't have any. The size is great they just are not where I wanted them.

Cleavage Spacing

Thank you for your question and photo. Unfortunately, it is not possible to place the breasts closer together if they do not naturally fall that way. Your Plastic Surgeon would work with your existing anatomy to place and centre the breast implants under the areolas and according to your breast width. Your muscles create a medial stopping point. You appear to have a great result so far. Let your Plastic Surgeon know if you have any issues,
All the best

Very nice breast implant result

you appear to have a very good result from your surgery. not sure what you were hoping for and /or expecting, but i would hope you would be happy with what, at only nine weeks, seems to be a very good outcome!

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

9 weeks post op

You look excellent for 9 weeks post op!  I would not be concerned.  If your implants are under the muscle they may settle a little bit more.  Enjoy a lovely result!

Barry M. Schwartz, MD
Weston Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and implant

You have a very nice result. The implant is nicely centered and breasts positioned well. Wear the right bra and you will have a lot of cleavage. Good luck.

Breast lift and implants

I think your results look quite nice. If you were thinking that the breasts would be higher up on the chest, then I do not think that would be realistic based upon where the "footprint" of your breast is located. All the best.

Breast lift + implants 1 month post op

Thank you for your question and photographs.  Without preoperative photographs it is hard to compare, but your results look very nice and natural from your photographs. They will not “plump” up more and you will not achieve more of a cleavage but in your case, I think the size, shape and proportion of your breasts look just right. If you were to have your implants any closer, you could risk the chance of developing symmastia which occurs when the breasts appear to merge at the center, creating a “uniboob.” I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage line

thank you for the question. I think you have very good results. The cleavage line is good. I am happy for your outcome. 

Neil T. Chen, MD
Albuquerque Plastic Surgeon

Will my breasts perk up anymore? I'm at 9 weeks PostOp

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Difficult without a preoperative photograph to compare to but it appears that you have obtained a very nice result with your augmentation and lift procedure.   Your breasts will not sit up any higher on your chest or perk up more but this is based on starting anatomy and not the result of your implants or surgery.  Hope this helps.

Your breasts look great at 2 months post-op!

In my opinion, you have a beautiful, natural looking result at 2 months after surgery.  I understand that each lady gets to be her own judge of what she thinks of her breasts, and she's entitled to her preferences for what she wants, too.  However, at the end of the day both patients and surgeons cannot avoid reality.  That reality is what dictates the limitations in what we as surgeons can do, and thus how our final results will look.  Breast lift with augmentation is one of the hardest operations we surgeons do on the breasts, because we are not only adjusting almost every variable of the breast and doing it simultaneously on both sides trying to get perfect symmetry, but we are doing it with tissues that are abnormal and stretched out and deflated after childbearing, breastfeeding, and/or weight loss.  There is much to this operation that we can't control or totally predict going into it.  Sometimes we have to settle for excellence instead of perfection.  In your case, you have an excellent early result, in my opinion.  You have very nice shape, fullness, proportion, and symmetry of your breasts, with excellent nipple position and very neat, clean scars.  Your new breasts compliment your figure, and don't overwhelm it.  If you are happy with the size, there is not much more to be done; if you want to be larger, perhaps some additional saline in your implants or some larger implants might give you more fullness and a tighter cleavage.  I doubt any further attempts to tighten or lift the tissues themselves will be fruitful, because with 450 cc implants and already compromised tissues, I suspect there will always be some settling.  However, I'll bet that some very nice pushup bras will do that with a lot less hassle, risk, and expense!  I think your surgeon did a great job, and your breasts are beautiful.  If you look at how natural breasts that size behave, it's pretty much just like that!  Take a look at some of the photos of results of this operation on my own profile just to compare.  I think I'm a decent breast surgeon, but I'd be proud to post your surgeon's results as one of my own - this is how this operation looks sometimes.  I hope that you can recognize all of this too and not be too critical of yourself or your surgeon.  Best wishes.

Will my breasts perk up anymore?

Thank you for your question.  You actually have a very nice result with perky breasts positioned exactly where they are supposed to be.  Many women have unrealistic expectation of a breast augmentation and/or breast lift based on photos of other women.  I try to speak with women before surgery about their expectations and make sure they understand what is possible in their specific case.  The end result of surgery depends mostly on the preoperative breast shape, position, and droopiness.  A woman who starts with very small breasts with no droopiness will have a different shape and degree of "perkiness" than a woman who starts out larger with or without some degree of droopiness.  I hope that helps.  Again, you have an excellent result.