I had a breast lift and implants done three weeks ago. Do you think my incisions are healing in a timely manner? (photo)

I feel like my breasts are healing nicely and I am impressed with the job my surgeon did. I understand everyone heals at different rates, but my question is, based on the photos, do you think I'm healing in a timely manner?

Healing after BA with Lift

Hi There,

I agree with you that all is well with you.Both sides it seems to be perfect healing and perhaps at some time now your PS may advise you the treatment of scars.

Wishing you all the best

Breast scars

Thanks for the question and the photos.

It appears that your surgeon did a very nice job.  You are healing very well.  It takes up to a year for the scars to mature, flatten and the redness to fade.

Good luck in your recovery.

Dr. T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast lift with implants: Am I healing in a timely manner?

Yes, I agree with you. I believe you are healing well and your surgeon did a good surgery. Incisions stay red, lumpy and bumpy for six weeks. At that point the incisions forms a nice healing ridge; it then takes about six months before they begin to soften. Softening and further healing of the incision continues for at least a year. Hope this information is reassuring and good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift recovery appears to be going well

your photos look normal for only 3 weeks out, but there is no substitute for following instructions and continued close followup visits as recommended by your surgeon. scars take about a year to get where they are going to go so be patient and certainly communicate any suspected issues promptly to your doctor.

Bruce K. Barach, MD
Schenectady Plastic Surgeon

Do you think my incisions are healing in a timely manner?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you are healing well based on your photos!  Scars take up to a year to mature.  I would recommend discussing scar massage and care with your surgeon in the meantime.  Best of luck!

Dr. Tag

Breast Augmentation Incisions Healing Okay?

From your photos, it appears as if your incisions are healing in a timely manner. Always share your concerns with your plastic surgeon. The best evaluation is an in-person evaluation. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Timely healing of Breast Lift with Implants

Healing of the incisions looks great.  It appears you are following all post op instructions and I encourage you to continue as instructed by your Plastic Surgeon. 

Eric Schaffer, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question. 

In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.  In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift

It looks like you are healing very well, and yes patients do heal at different rates. Best of luck with your results.

Scars

Based on your photos, you appear to be healing nicely.  It will take several months for the scars to fade and heal.  They may feel bumpy for several weeks.  Follow up with your surgeon so he can monitor your progress.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD