Is this normal? I have a weird shape on my right side hip area. 6/7 days post op? Will compression help this? (photo)

We have lowered the compression garment I still have my drains in so I'm just worried because the left side appears smooth. I had no lipo but was not this uneven before fleur de lis?

Dr Derby

thank you for your question and the photos.You are still very much in the process of swelling , no worries this will for sure improve a lot. Best of luck

Too early to tell

At this point post-operatively, it is too early to tell or do anything about.  You may end up having asymmetry which needs a small revision, but it may just be swelling.  Continue with compression and following up with your surgeon.

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon