Is it possible to make an upper forehead less prominent thru cosmetic surgery?

I was born with a prominent upper forehead as well as a depression left at the hairline by forceps. I have always been self-conscious of the shadow cast by overhead lighting and dreamed of having it corrected. I have seen cases on the internet of reshaping of the brow bone but mine is mid-forehead. Is surgical correction even a possibility?

Brow Lift

Thank you for your question. It would be helpful to see pictures to provide a comment specific to your appearance. The forehead can be elevated and repositioned to contour muscles in those individuals who have severe wrinkling from excessive muscle movement in the mid-forehead region through endoscopic brow lifting. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Forehead depression etc.?

Forehead asymmetry and depression can be repaired through a hairline incision where the hair will grow through the scar. If you have a depression this can be filled with your own natural tissue and high points can be shaved  if it is excess bone thickening in the forehead. Make sure you see a very experienced surgeon who can show you numerous examples of this.  You can go to my website as well as others to see how to take photographs to have them submitted. 

COURONNE,

In general, the forehead bone can be shaped with surgical techniques. High points can be shaved down. Depressions can be filled with an injectable filler or an implant. Many of these techniques can be performed from incisions hidden in the hair. 

I would recommend having a consultation so your surgeon may ask you questions, examine your forehead, and analyze photographs. They can then make recommendations for a procedure appropriate for your face for a safe and happy result. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon