Saggy breasts. What procedure can help me return my breasts to a "healthy" state? (Photo)

Im a 32 yo mom of 5 lookng for a solution to my sagging breast and inverted nipples..i look like ive lost volume and firmness..what procedure can help return my breast to a "healthy" state...please help

Advice for Breast Augmentation

A breast lift will help return your breasts to a higher and more youthful position on your chest but without removing excess tissue and skin. A breast reduction might be a better procedure for you, but since I only have these photos for reference, I recommend speaking to a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Advice for Breast Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

What procedure can help me return my breasts to a "healthy" state?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

Based on your photos you are a great candidate  for a Breast reduction/lift  or reduction mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure to reduce the size of breasts, by the removal of fat, breast tissue and skin, making them more small,light and firm. You can also reduce the size of the areola.Breast reduction aims to provide women with breasts smaller and with a more proportionally to the rest of your body.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Saggy breasts. What procedure can help me return my breasts to a "healthy" state?

Thank you for your question. Remember, it is best to be seen in person by a double-board-certified plastic surgeon for precise diagnosis and treatment.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Saggy Breasts

Saggy breasts can be corrected by a breast uplift (mastopexy) or by a breast reduction. If you are happy with the volume of your breast, then a mastopexy is your solution to a more youthful appearing uplifted breast. If you would like your breasts smaller, then a breast reduction would give you smaller uplifted breast.  

Inverted nipples can be corrected at the same time as the above procedures with a minor procedure.

Jeanne A. Scanland, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Saggy Breasts

Jeanne A. Scanland, MD
Chattanooga Plastic Surgeon

Judging from your photos, it appears that you need either an uplift (mastopexy) or a reduction mammoplasty, which also lifts the breasts. It's difficult to determine your size with photos taken from so close. A personal examination would be necessary for a final determination of the proper procedure to meet your goals.

Thank  you for your question and photos., and best of luck.

E. Ronald Finger, MD, FACS

E. Ronald Finger, MD, FACS

Procedure to Help with Natural Breasts

It's important to know what size bra you currently wear. Is it a 32, 34, 36 bra, and, of course, the cup size. The strap size is important to know because that affects the diameter of the cup and subsequently the diameter of the breast implant that we choose. We also need to know your height, your weight, and it's helpful to know your dress size as well.

In addition, it would be very helpful if you include photos of yourself. A front view, a side view, and a three-quarter view are most helpful. This will let us see if there are any breast asymmetries, if the breasts are narrow, if the breasts are wide, what your chest wall looks like, and this will also help us make a decision as to the best size breast implant for you.

In my experience in general, if a woman wears a size 36 AB bra and would like to be a C cup, which is the average size that women wear and the average size bra that is sold, she needs a volume of approximately 350 to 390 cc to make that change. This becomes less if she's wearing a 34 bra, because it has a smaller strap size and the cups have a smaller diameter. A smaller diameter implant would then be a volume of approximately 300 to 350 cc. In the same way if she was more petite, maybe a double zero or size one and wore a 32 AB bra, then to become a 32C cup she would only require about 250 to 300 cc.

This is a general number, and of course there are other factors that will affect this. For example, if she has a chest wall issue where the chest is slightly sunken, this is called a pectus deformity, then she would require a little bit more volume to first bring her chest to a level position and then move forward to the projection of a C cup. This may require implants of about 50cc more. It's important to examine the patient and have complete information to make this decision.

breast implant size

1.   32 a   to 32 c   needs about 250-275 cc

2.   34a    to 34c     needs about 300-350 cc

3.   36a    to 36 c     needs about 350-400 cc

4.   You will be a double dd or larger  with 400

Your doctor will work with you to choose the best implant #shape and #implantprofile based on your goals and measurements.  In my practice, about 15-20% of the patients are good candidates for silicone #shapedimplants.  The profile is determined by the amount of projection versus roundness that the patient desires, as well as the size of the implant and size of her chest. The profiles are usually described as high, moderate plus and moderate.

Procedure to Help with Natural Breasts

breast implant size

Breast lift candidate

Thanks for the question. 

To perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Respectfully,

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift candidate

Thanks for the question. 

Respectfully,

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Saggy breasts

Based on your pictures, I would say that you were definitely a candidate for a standard (anchor) breast lift with or without implants.  The lift will give you a better shape to your breasts.  The trade-off would be the scars on the breasts.  Implants will simply add more volume if you want to go bigger.  I would suggest that you schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person and review your options with you.

Saggy breasts

Breast lift

It looks like you could benefit from a breast lift and/or reduction to improve the shape and position of the breasts.

Breast lift

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, you have asymmetric breast ptosis and will likely benefit from breast lifting surgery.  This operation is best done once you have reached your long term stable weight, if you are not there already.  Best to seek consultation with board certiifed plastic surgeons who can demonstrate lots of experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with.  For example, it will be important that you communicate your goals and show your plastic surgeon what you mean by "healthy state".

In our practice, we find the use of goal photographs and computer imaging very helpful during the communication process.