How do I avoid fungal infection on my TT?

Post Op Infection

Typical surgical and post-surgical precautions make this of little concern. If you feel that you may have an infection of any kind, see your Plastic Surgeon in person for assessment.

All the best

Fungal infections are very rare.

fungal infections are very rare in surgery if your facility is doing everything right. The times when a fungal infection is concerning is if the operating room facility is not properly sterilizing their instruments. That sometimes happens in private offices or small surgery centers.  As long as you are having surgery performed in an accredited surgery facility, preferably AAAASF, you should be very safe. Also, choose a board-certified plastic surgeon as we are required to only operate in safe, accredited facilities. 

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon