Am I a candidate for All-on-4 dental implants? Have had full dentures now for 20 + years.

Have only two teeth on lower area in back. Lower denture has wire hoop that sets around rear tooth on both sides. Am really wanting something that is more comforting than a full mouth of plastic. I am 61 yr old male.

All-on-4 Dental Implants

Hi, thank you for your question. I think I'm understanding that you're wearing a partial denture that is connected to two natural teeth. These types of prosthesis have been shown to be detrimental to oral health. These prosthesis, because they lie on top of the gum and bone, will damage the gum and bone over time. Before implants, these were substitutes in order for patients to have some chewing function. Today we examine patients to try and create a more stable and retentive prosthesis with dental implants. It can be done in a very cost effective way. I would recommend that you seek the advise of a periodontist regarding the addition of implants to support and retain a set of teeth. Good luck!

All-on-4 Dental Implants

Based on what you have described, I think you would be an ideal candidate. Of course we would have to evaluate your bone structure with a 3D CT scan and you could be looking at going to fixed replacement teeth in as little as one surgical appointment. Because bone atrophy can occur with long time denture wear, the All-on-4 procedure is ideal. Most of the complications take place with bone loss in the posterior area of the jaw. The All-on-4 protocol uses intentionally inclined implants to bypass the areas of little bone giving us great distribution of implant spacing to set up a full arch of teeth.

All on 4 candidate

A cone beam (CBCT) scan is necessary to determine weather or not you have the bone for an All-on-4. A majority of people ARE candidates, especially if you have a few remaining teeth (which were kept to maintain the remaining bone).

As with all information, consult a dental specialist prior to proceeding with any treatment.

Ace Jovanovski, DMD
Round Rock Prosthodontist

G4 Implant Solution

90% of Patients that have been told they are not candidates for traditional Dental Implant options are candidates for this procedure. This procedure uses the frontal area of the jaw and in most cases requires no bone grafting or sinus augmentation.
Considering the fact that the frontal part of the jaw has the more dense bone, instead of the conventional method of placing the Implant straight into the bone (which can require sinus lift and bone grafting) and minimum 6 to 9 months waiting time and healing time, this technique differentiates by placing the back Implants at an angle. Not only do you benefit from the dense bone in the frontal part of the jaw, but we can place a longer Implant, with a much less invasive procedure, without entering into the sinus cavity on the upper arch.

Who is a candidate for the All-on-4 procedure?

The  length of time that you been wearing a denture does not necessarily determine whether or not you're candidate. Anyone with sufficient jawbone is a candidate for this procedure.If, however, you do not have sufficient thickness or height of jawbone due to resorption, then you will need to have a procedure done called a bone graft prior to placement of dental implants. 

I hope you found this information to be helpful,
Dr Champag

Of course, ALL ON 4, is a great solution for you. its done in only 1 visit,
and the best thing is that they re screw retained,
so you would not need to remove them ,
and you will get back that smile you always wanted,
 the confidence to even bite an apple again.
the implants are set on the same procedure and they are loaded immediately,
so you will have your teeth in just a few days, the shape ,size and color would be the ones you always wanted.

Are You An All on 4 Candidate?

There is major improvement in your appearance and quality of life that you
regain with an All on 4 Hybrid denture. It is like regaining those discomforting years
that you lost with bad teeth and ill-fitting dentures.
All on 4 hybrid denture will raise your confidence and regain some of those youthful
years that you lost. It is like getting a second chance to smile again.

James Magee, DDS
Altamonte Springs Dentist

Full implants

Everyone has the option of dental implants.  The only requirement is a good health / good immune system.  The path is longer and more challenging the less bone you have but still a possibility with today's advancements of grafting. 

Your concern with your lower jaw denture is common.  Your chin and jaw bone will need to be evaluated with a 3d xray. After that, your options discussed and then start with the choice you and your doctor agree upon.

Victor Sanz, DDS
Chicago Dentist