I got a quote for a mini face/neck lift, Blepharoplasty upper and Laser resurfacing Perioral and Periocular for $16,800.

I think it's reasonable, but I'm only under a local….what do you think about that? Shouldn't I be put under anesthesia? He said that I'd be comfortable…not sure.

Anesthetic type

Thank you for your post. Since I'm in the Midwest, that price seems very high to me; however, this certainly varies by the region. This is definitely a procedure that you could do in an office setting under local anesthesia. We typically prescribe a tablet that you'd take just 30 minutes prior to the procedure to help "take the edge off," but otherwise just local anesthesia and patients are perfectly comfortable. The laser will likely be the most uncomfortable of the entire process. I hope that helps.

Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Face/neck lifts and eyelid surgery do great under local with a little iv sedation.

You should be just fine, especially if your doc can give you just a little iv sedation with the local for complete comfort for your face/neck lift and eyelid surgery. Avoid general anesthesia at all costs if possible. The price is a great price so don't pass it up if you feel comfortable with the doc.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Price quote

Prices in different areas vary quite a bit. I can't tell you if that is a reasonable price for your area or not. This is a surgery that can be done under local or general. If you aren't comfortable with this you should get a second opinion. Be sure that you have seen a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon