I got a quote for a mini face/neck lift, Blepharoplasty upper and Laser resurfacing Perioral and Periocular for $16,800.

I think it's reasonable, but I'm only under a local….what do you think about that? Shouldn't I be put under anesthesia? He said that I'd be comfortable…not sure.

Estimated Cost of a Facelift Combined with Other Procedures

The #costs of surgery is always a concern when deciding whether or not to have a cosmetic procedure. Patients’ needs and goals vary, so there is no fixed price for a facelift. 
These are the contributing factors to the cost of a facelift:
-Surgeon’s fee
-Facility fee
-Medication cost
-Anesthesia fee
Estimated fees may also be found here on Real Self, and the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery website. It is important to choose a highly skilled and experienced surgeon to match your goals and skin type with the appropriate surgical techniques.
Also, its best to work with a #board #certified plastic surgeon who is highly trained with your desired procedures. I also encourage you to look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients. Also, reading patient reviews of those who have had combined surgeries will be beneficial. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Mini Lift, Neck Lift, Blepharoplasty under Local Anaesthetic

Thank you for your question. A highly qualified surgeon using the correct techniques could perform these procedures under local anaesthetic without any discomfort to the patients.  My patients find the local anaesthetic injections a little uncomfortable, then after they are chatting away to myself and the nurse and feel relaxed and at ease.  Some of my patients who are a little nervous may opt for twilight sedation, please discuss on consultation with your surgeon to agreed which approach he feels most suitable for you, to achieve the best outcome.  The price seems reasonable and if its a good surgeon and you feel comfortable! All The Best 

Anesthetic type

Thank you for your post. Since I'm in the Midwest, that price seems very high to me; however, this certainly varies by the region. This is definitely a procedure that you could do in an office setting under local anesthesia. We typically prescribe a tablet that you'd take just 30 minutes prior to the procedure to help "take the edge off," but otherwise just local anesthesia and patients are perfectly comfortable. The laser will likely be the most uncomfortable of the entire process. I hope that helps.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Face/neck lifts and eyelid surgery do great under local with a little iv sedation.

You should be just fine, especially if your doc can give you just a little iv sedation with the local for complete comfort for your face/neck lift and eyelid surgery. Avoid general anesthesia at all costs if possible. The price is a great price so don't pass it up if you feel comfortable with the doc.

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Price quote

Prices in different areas vary quite a bit. I can't tell you if that is a reasonable price for your area or not. This is a surgery that can be done under local or general. If you aren't comfortable with this you should get a second opinion. Be sure that you have seen a board certified plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon.

Tracy E. McCall, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon