I had a crown put on almost two weeks ago and it has been painful and sensitive to cold. Is the pain normal?

I had a crown put almost two weeks ago and it has been painful and sensitive to cold. Is the pain normal? My dentist said it will take a few weeks but before the crown it didn't hurt and now I'm in more pain than before. Only if I take 600 mg of ibuprofen it eases up. Thank you for your time.

Tooth pain

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
7-10 days is normal for some minor discomfort. But if it is cold sensitive and discomfort is only relieved with the Ibuorufen , it sounds like you will need a rootcanal due to irreversible pulpitis of the nerve.  That happens when you work on teeth, especially if the tooth had a crack or broken filling.     After the rootcanal you symptoms will resolve within 72 hours.  

Beverly Hills Dentist