I have 8-9 hard raised nodules on forehead a year after Botox injection. Semi pus filled. Is this normal?

Is this a normal outcome? What are options to remove blemish?

Thank you for your question

Thank you for your question. That is an abnormal response to Botox. You may want to return to your injecting physician to have an in person assessment. 

Botox and pus

Botox will not cause pus filled nodules a year after injection.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist to examine your skin.  It sounds like you may have acne or a skin infection of some kind.

Spots On Face After Botox

I agree, I have never seen this type of reaction after Botox injections after 8 years of use.  Sounds more like staph colonization or acne, please see a dermatologist for evaluation.  Best, Dr. Emer. 

Nodules

I have never seen this before with botox injections. I have been using botox for over 16 years and never had an injection site infection. Sounds like plmples. Consult a good dermatologist.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Nodules on the forehead after Botox

Some close-up photos would be helpful. There is no way Botox would do this, it is not related. How do you know it is "semi pus filled?"

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon

Should have nothing to do with the botox injections one year ago

if you suffer from blemishes, see your dermatologist and have them treated...but the good news is that they're not related to the botox...an injection of a dilute cortisone solution may help speed the bumps on their way to oblivion in the immediate future...

Ken Landow, MD