Man 71 years old. Am I too old for breast implants?

Too Old For Breast Implants?

Thank you for your question! You are never to old for cosmetic surgery as long as you are healthy there shouldn't be a problem.  Best of luck!

Dr Dhaval Patel
Double Board Certified
Plastic Surgeon
Hoffman Estates
Oak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation on a 71-year-old?

When I consider the age of a patient with regards to their ability to undergo a plastic surgery, I focus less upon the actual number and more upon the patient’s general health. I would much rather operate on a young 71-year-old than an old 61-year-old. That being said, you will definitely need to check in with your internist to obtain medical clearance. I wish you the best of luck.

Too Old for Breast Implant?

If you are in good health and a non-smoker: as plastic surgeons, most of us view physiologic age and not chronological age along with realistic expectations as the major determinants in determining if you are a good candidate.

Man 71 years old............

age, per se, is no bar to surgery. If you are medically and psychologically fit there is no reason why you cannot have surgery even for cosmetic reasons at the age of 71.

Patrick Briggs, FRCSI(Plast Surg)
Perth Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. I would suggest to have a medical clearance and then if everything is ok, you might proceed with the procedure you wish. Please have an in person consultation so you can discuss your concerns, options and expectations with your surgeon. It is very important that you and your P Surgeon are on the same page. Good luck in your PS Journey.
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for the question. 71 (and in good health) is certainly not too old for breast augmentation surgery. Best to see your family practitioner or internist and obtain “medical clearance” prior to seeking consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area. Then, communicate your goals carefully. Best wishes; hopefully your only regret will be not having done it earlier in life.

Age for Breast Implants

As long as the patient is healthy, obtained a medical clearance from their primary care physician or any other physician treating them, your age is not an issue.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

71 year old for implants.

Thanks for your question.  Age itself is not a contraindication for implants or surgery.  The decision as to whether you are a suitable candidate depends on your medical history,and physical/ lab examination.  I would suggest a discussion with your primary care physician who can address your suitability for anesthesia and surgery.  Best of luck.