Why is my face unbearably itchy/burning after using tretinoin at night?

I started using plexion face wash at morning and at night, and in the morning I use acezone followed with Clinique moisturizer. Then at night I use .05% tretinoin followed with clinique moisturizer. Recently, at night, after I do my face routine my skin burns and is very itchy. Also, if I itch it, the place itched turns a blotchy red. I've been using tretinoin for almost a year, why is this just now happening?

Facelift Travel

Tretinoin makes you skin dry- try every other night until you get used to it!  You can use a hydrating mask to help.  Make sure you use sunscreen every day with the tretinoin.

Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon