Crown on a broken front bottom tooth.

How many appt''s will I need for root canal, post & core and crown? Will I have temporary tooth until permanent crown is made? What is best material to use for post and for crown?

Root canal, post and crown #DrSoftTouch

Thanks for your question. Most root canals can be treated in one appointment. Complex cases or cases where infection is present may take more than one visit to complete. Crowns, including posts, usually take two appointments about a week apart, and during that time a temporary crown will cover your tooth. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Crown on broken front tooth.

There are many factors that determine the number of appointments for the treatment you are needing. In a perfect world all there could be done in one visit. You will wear a temporary for a period of time. Most posts currently in use are not made out of metal but it will be up to your dentist to determine they type of post and crown to be used. Note that if there is infection or any complications the timeline for fixing your tooth will be longer. 

Root canal, post, core

Hi:

Normally root canal takes one appointment and post, core and crown takes two appointments.  Definitley you can have a temporary crown while your final crown is being fabricated at the lab.  The material used depends on level of aesthetics necessary to match existing teeth.  I would suggest to consult a top cosmetic dentist to make sure you are give all of your options in terms of materials and aesthetics.

Dr. Maddahi 

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist