Is this much arnica safe before / after labiaplasty surgery? (Photo)

Directions per my surgeon for labiaplasty surgery

Arnica Safe before Labiaplasty?

As with any medication, it's safest to follow the instructions on the package. Arnica is commonly given to surgery patients to help with bruising and swelling. As with most medications, it is possible to have an allergic reaction. 

For more information about labiaplasty, click on the link below.

All the best with your surgery!

Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Arnica is generally safe

Arnica is anti-inflammatory. Oral versions should be taken with caution if you have any stomach issues. There's really no need for it.

Safety of Arnica

Yes, this much Arnica is safe. However, Arnica should be taken on an empty stomach, and I would wonder about any office that misspells the word "due" and uses the word "do."  EGAD!

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Is this much arnica safe before / after labiaplasty surgery?

Thank you for your question. It is very common to use this dose of arnica. Please follow  dosage instructions from the package.

Is this much arnica safe before / after labiaplasty surgery

Arnica is very common;y recommended before and after surgery in order to help reduce swelling and bruising. Most sublingual tablets suggest 5 pills 3x a day, so that is not uncommon. Not sure what the dosing directions are on the "Arnicare" that you have purchased, but would suggest just following the dosing instructions on the box. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Arnica Montana before labiaplasty surgery

Arnica pulls placed under the tongue are often recommended before cosmetic surgery including labiaplasty. It helps reduce inflammation and bruising, it is safe. The only side effect I have encountered using it is that the pills have a sugar base so care should be taken in a diabetic .

Laura A. Sudarsky, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Is Arnica safe ?

Arnica is safe and has very few side effects. Follow the recommendations on the package insert as to dosing. 

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for sharing your question.  Each arnica manufacturer has different recommendations on the number and frequency of pills to take daily and I would recommend following the instructions on yours.  Arnica is otherwise safe and has little to no side effects.  Hope this helps.