Yesterday I received Botox in forehead and around eyes, and Juvederm. How safe is this?

So far I've had no real reactions other than dry mouth and a bit of fog. After reading horror stories I am now afraid I have made a mistake and will stop breathing or develop problems swallowing weeks from now! How worried should I be?

Fillers and Botox Can Be Injected At Same Time

we do this all the time together without any issues. I suggest speaking to a cosmetic dermatologist with experience if you are concerned.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and Juvederm

Botox and Juvederm and two of the post popular and effective treatments that I can recommend to patients.  With a skilled physician there should be no adverse events.  The side effects that you are experiencing seem unrelated to your injections.  I would consult with your internist for these symptoms.  Please keep us posted.  Best, Dr. Green

It is common to combine treatments with Botox and Juvederm. Both are safe and effective. The dry mouth and the feeling of being in a fog are likely unrelated. Take care.

Anne Marie Tremaine, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Juvederm are safe

Botox and Juvederm are both very safe.  I don't think there is any reason to think you will stop breathing or develop problems swallowing.  It is very common to have both done on the same day.  I hope you achieve the result you were looking for.  Best regards, Marla Klein MD

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Botox and Juvederm are safe products that can be applied sequentially as part of a skin care facial rejuvenation regimen.  Allow yourself a couple of weeks for your final results but I would not worry about developing breathing or swallowing problems weeks from now.  

Safety of Botox and Juvederm

Thank you for your question.  Botox and Juvederm are both very safe treatments with minimal side effects profile.  The "fog" you are feeling is likely unrelated.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Juvederm side effects don't include fogginess

Not likely that the 'fog' or fogginess is related to either Botox of the facial filler.

Hopefully you will achieve the cosmetic outcome you were seeking.

Dr> Karamanoukian