Should I have TT, BBL or both? Which first? I am curious, can they be done in same procedure and have the best result? (Photo)

I am curious, can they be done in same procedure and have the best result? Or what could be another option I have lost weight in the past and my stomach never comes back, it always has the loose hanging skin. I I am 31 Years old, 5'9' weight is 215 pounds, I have had 3 children. I have been looking into a procedure for about a year, just trying to get nudge in the right direction. Thank you!!

Should I have TT, BBL or both? Which first?

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures. Yes those procedure can make them together if you have a great healt condition. Also it is very important to at least download a little weight, because your BMI is high and the surgeries should be done with one BMI less than 30. Best wishes!!

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than deciding if a tummy tuck or a mommy makeover is for you is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let him explain why one technique may be better than another and if you need a tummy tuck. Many board certified plastic surgeons provide a free first time consult and you should take advantage of that!
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for you!

Which Procedure

Hi and thanks for the question and photos. Based on your pictures, you would benefit from BBL for sure. This would shape your waist and improve the appearance of your butt. Weather or not you need a TT would require a physical exam. Best of Luck - Dr Hardy...

James E. Hardy, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck and BBL

Thank you for your question.  You appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck, liposuction and BBL.  The fat can be taken from your abdomen and waist and placed in the buttocks for optimal results.  As always,  make sure you are having your surgery performed by a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Michael K. Obeng, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck, liposuction and BBL candidate.

Thank you for your question. You appear to be a great candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction to your waist and back along with a BBL. Currently you  have a BMI of 31,75. The ideal BMI when going into surgery  to reduce your risks is under 30.  The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Tummy tuck or BBL

thank you for your question.  I would not perform a tummy tuck at the same time as a BBL.  when performing a tummy tuck the patient needs to sleep on their back. When performing a BBL the patient needs to sleep on their tummy.  You have loose skin, stretch marks and excess fat. You would be a candidate for a tummy tuck.  A tummy tuck removes excess skin and fat and Tightens the tummy muscles. I invented the Malibu tummy tuck. This gives a very natural looking tummy and belly button. In addition pain and recovery are significantly less versus traditional techniques. It is not uncommon for patients to take only Tylenol for pain after surgery.  BBL is a great technique to enhance the shape and size of your buttocks. For more information please watch the enclosed video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Tummy Tuck and Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery

It is possible to combine a tummy tuck and a BBL. You will have the best results if you are at a stable and ideal weight prior to surgery. If you elect to have surgery and then lose weight afterwards, you may find that you have more loose skin of the abdomen and less fullness of your buttocks. If you are satisfied with your current weight, liposuction and fat transfer may be ideal from a contouring perspective. Best of luck!

Ashley B. Robey, MD