Do I have symmastia? (Photo)

Do I have symmastia ? Can I develop it ? I'm 3 months post, I been wearing a thong bra to help tenting and closeness. Tenting is less then prior but I don't think breast will move apart without surgery. Is it risky to fix this along with making them symmetrical ?

Do I have symmastia?

I am sorry to hear about the concerns you have after breast surgery. It must also be frustrating to receive differing responses from plastic surgeons. In my opinion, it is quite clear that you do not have symmastia;  skin tenting is visible between your breasts. You may find the attached link, demonstrating true cases of symmastia helpful to for comparison purposes. Best wishes.

Symmastia?

Thank you for your questions and photos. It is hard to tell if you have true symmastia (your implants can touch) based on your photos. I would recommend you goto a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation and to discuss your options.

Symmasta Revision Surgery

Its hard to tell based on the photos whether its a real symmastia or just tenting. I would use the thong bra for a few more months with massage laterally then revisit. If correction is indicated I use some sort of support medially - Strattice, Seri or Galaflex mesh. Not sure you will need smaller implants if the mesh is used and pockets opened appropriately.

Jason Pozner, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Do I have symmastia?

I do not think so but openly in person examination by a surgeon could give you the answer.............

Not synmastia

This is not synmastia.  The cleavage is close and there is tenting of the skin.  Wearing bras that stress this area is probably not a good idea.

Symmastia revision

Based on reviewing your photos, I think you probably do have symmastia.  At this point it is unlikely to change after 3 months without surgery.  I would recommend you seek out a board certified plastic surgeon that specialized in not only breast augmentation, but revision breast augmentation and who also has experience in dealing with symmastia.  This can be a very challenging surgery for any plastic surgeon; however, the good news is that the advent of ADMs (acellular dermal matrices), specifically Strattice, has really improved the ability to achieve a great result when dealing with symmastia.  It is also important to understand that as part of any revision if you seek that out, the implant size will have to be smaller and a more high profile or even ultra high profile device (with a narrower base diameter) will have to be used in order to "free up" space in the intermammary region. I hope this helps!